GUZ check petitioner's informations/background?

GUZ consulate will check the beneficiary's background before visa interview. If GUZ is checking the petitioner's background also? If they were checking the petitioner's background, does the petitioner's background check result will helps some for interview? Suppose the petitioner is PHD education level and a quite successful scientist and well pay, will these factors helps some?

Because my husband and I have very big age difference, I knew VO will concern about this, I am afraid that they won't take look at my evidence or let me explain and just give me a denial.

My husband wanted me able to visit US at least once before we get married, so he asked me to apply for tourist visa for three times in last five years and all failed. I was scared by thinking about the VO's cool face and seems they never believed me.

I posted several questions in these few days, I am sorry for my silly questions, I just very nervous about the interview and nervous about the interview result, be honestly, I am not confident of I may get the visa. Just because of our big age difference.

Guest Mike and Lily

GUZ consulate will check the beneficiary's background before visa interview. If GUZ is checking the petitioner's background also? If they were checking the petitioner's background, does the petitioner's background check result will helps some for interview? Suppose the petitioner is PHD education level and a quite successful scientist and well pay, will these factors helps some?

Because my husband and I have very big age difference, I knew VO will concern about this, I am afraid that they won't take look at my evidence or let me explain and just give me a denial.

My husband wanted me able to visit US at least once before we get married, so he asked me to apply for tourist visa for three times in last five years and all failed. I was scared by thinking about the VO's cool face and seems they never believed me.

I posted several questions in these few days, I am sorry for my silly questions, I just very nervous about the interview and nervous about the interview result, be honestly, I am not confident of I may get the visa. Just because of our big age difference.

The USCIS is responsible for checking the petitioner's background. That part of the process is likely to be completed before the NOA2 is issued. My wife and I have a large age difference also. That issue was brought up during the GUZ interview and at the AOS interview, but we passed both. GUZ will consider many other factors as well.

If you have received the P4 and interview appointment letter already, then the background processing on your usc husband is complete. it was complete before the paperwork jacket left the USA.

Now it's in GUZ, and you have an interview date.

The background processing on YOU is either complete, or near complete.

What makes a difference for the petitioner, the USC husband, is the income level.

What makes a difference for the beneficiary, the Chinese Wife, is how many times the USC husband has travelled to China, and the documented set of travel documents that were submitted either in HIS initial paperwork to USCIS, or YOUR subsequent paperwork submittals to GUZ.

There are also new guidelines for the petitioner to prove up a bonafide marriage / relationship that went into effect in January of this year for I-130 filing. The USCIS and GUZ both look at such things as 1) joint accounts for bank , 2) both names on utility bills, 3) both names on domicile paperwork (lease, mortgage, title, deed), 4) letters from people who know you both , attesting to your marriage

I am assuming he filed the I-130 on your behalf, with a possible I-129F for additional K3 visa.

As to age difference, SURE - the visa officers look at it. But, if you can prove up that you have a bonafide relationship and that the marriage is REAL, then the VO, in all likelihood, will pass you during your interview time. You two have been married for 5 years already, I really feel that the age difference will not matter. If you two had been married for a year already, then MAYBE it would be examined more closely, but 5 years? The age difference should not matter, at this point.

Do Note that the interview itself is SHORT, and there is lots of paperwork reviewing BEFORE the interview date. If the file is incomplete or scant, then you have some chance of being denied, with a possibility of submitting evidence to overcome any request for additional proof of 'whatever they ask you for' . You cannot submit additional proof during the interview, at the interview date, but mostly the VO will review any pictures you have together, and his income tax returns (which are solely optional for a CR-1 visa, he submitted them already during the I-864 processing stateside, or some other proof of his income level).

There is a thing we call 'The Kitchen Sink' - look for it over at

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry233487

All n all, if your husband has handled the paperwork up front when he first submitted, then you should be OK for the proving up of a bonafide relationship at GUZ.

CFL is a great repository for info, but ya gotta read. If you get stuck, come back and ask some questions, and use the google site search engine over at www.google.com

once at the google - enter in 'site:candleforlove.com <<search terms>>' and you'll find many references in yer web browser on data points solely listed at this web site.

Welcome Aboard to the site, and I stronly suggest that if you have any fears about this stage of the process, READ ALL of the EZFAQ over at http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm from top to bottom, and tell your husband to read it too ! You don't need to be a member of CFL to read the ezfaq at all.

RE: Failure on the Tourist Visas - I suggest you don't worry about prior denials. You have had to prove that you were NOT going to immigrate to the USA to successfully be granted a TOURIST VISA, now, with the CR-1 or P3, it's totally opposite, you are rejoining with your husband IN the USA, not to be a TOURIST.

Other Errata -

1. I read your prior posts - you are going in for K-3 interview. Did he abandon the CR/IR-1 ?

2. K-3 is derivation of I-129F - so you'll have to provide the I-134 paperwork from your husband, along with whatever is acceptable for the income validation info (tax returns, accountant statements, etc). If he prepared all of the info for the I-864, then he has all of the info you need for the I-134 - these two forms are similar.

3. What is the status of the I-130 that your husband intially filed? Did he pay the I-864 filing fees already? If the I-130 is still active, I would suggest to you that you tell your husband to find out the STATUS of the I-130. If the I-130 is still active, AND you've been married for 5 years already, then you qualify for the IR-1 Visa (a 10 year greencard) - but - he has to follow through with the I-130. The visa processing times for the I-130 have slimmed over the past year to ALMOST match the VISA processing times of the K3/I-129F - it MAY BE possible to wait just a few more months, and absolutely get your status processed as IR-1 interview at GUZ. But you won't know about the Ir-1 UNLESS he followed through with the I-130 processing.

4. If he abandoned the I-130, then any hope of IR-1 processing at GUZ will be lost for this year.

Good Luck with your Interview !!!

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Thanks Darnell, Mike and Lily!!

I will read those informations you suggested carefully and doing more preparations.

My husband and I met on Nov,2003 when he was travelling around China, that was about five years ago and we got married last June. Because of our age difference, none of my families could accept our marriage, my mother even told I don't need to call her mom if I marry my husband. But I am an adult, I am mature enough to make my own life decision, so we registered our marriage in China, no family wishes, nothing, just us. But I was happy to be with him, so I don't regret that I married him.

My husband hired a visa attorney since he is very busy with his work, the attorney suggested to apply for CR1 and K3 together, sounded like K3 will be faster than CR1, anyway, I don't know if my husband filled I-130 or some other forms or not, but I wil ask him. Thanks for remind me.

USCIS does the background check on petitioner, they sometimes will even request the petitioner to come to their local field office for an interview.

Hi X&R,

If I might ask, what is the age difference???

My wife and I have an age difference of 25 years.

Just curious as to what age difference, has you worried :ph34r:

Tom and Ling

Because of our age difference, none of my families could accept our marriage, my mother even told I don't need to call her mom if I marry my husband. But I am an adult, I am mature enough to make my own life decision, so we registered our marriage in China, no family wishes, nothing, just us. But I was happy to be with him, so I don't regret that I married him.

Darnell and the others have given you some very good information. I'd like to add two points:

1. While I agree with Darnell that your husband's finances are an important factor I also believe that the overall impression of his "status", for want of a better word, is important. So if he does have a PhD and holds or has held positions that are obviously senior and involve significant responsibility, then I think that has a positive influence on the overall VO impression.

2. Age difference also has some relationship to to where the couple is in life. A twenty year difference has more meaning when the lady is 20 and is not as much when the lady is 40. My wife and I have a 22 year difference and it was not an issue.

Darnell and the others have given you some very good information. I'd like to add two points:

1. While I agree with Darnell that your husband's finances are an important factor I also believe that the overall impression of his "status", for want of a better word, is important. So if he does have a PhD and holds or has held positions that are obviously senior and involve significant responsibility, then I think that has a positive influence on the overall VO impression.

2. Age difference also has some relationship to to where the couple is in life. A twenty year difference has more meaning when the lady is 20 and is not as much when the lady is 40. My wife and I have a 22 year difference and it was not an issue.

I will piggy-back off of Jim's comments, as we have similar experiences.

My wife is also about 22 years younger than me; moreover, my divorce date and date of marriage were quite close.

This had zero impact on our petitions !!! There was not one question, along the way, with respect to these factors.

And yes, I think along with financials, and a clean background for both parties, 'education' plays a factor, on the positive side, with respect to the [credibility] of the parties and that of their relationship.

Thanks for all your response, I am encouraged.

I should say there has many couples has age difference , but 20 or 25 years difference is much less than the difference between my husband and I. My husband is 40 years older than me. That's why I was worry about it so much.

Guest Mike and Lily

Thanks for all your response, I am encouraged.

I should say there has many couples has age difference , but 20 or 25 years difference is much less than the difference between my husband and I. My husband is 40 years older than me. That's why I was worry about it so much.

You have us beat. With that age difference, the subject will almost surely come up in the interview. The petitioner's background, education and income CAN overcome most suspicions that age difference alone might arouse. The question you are most likely to get from the VO is "why do you want to marry him?"

You have us beat. With that age difference, the subject will almost surely come up in the interview. The petitioner's background, education and income CAN overcome most suspicions that age difference alone might arouse. The question you are most likely to get from the VO is "why do you want to marry him?"

I laughed when I read " You have us beat", seems I won the 'competition' of age difference. :lol: Thanks Mike and Lily. That was fun.

Whoah! 40 years ... that is a lot. Good luck and please keep us posted. This will be valuable info for those who go behind you.

30 and 70 will be better than 20 and 60.

You may want to make the case that your husband is in good health, show photos of the two of you in an active life, etc etc.

BTW, my wife has given me strict instructions that I'm expected to live to 100 ... at least! :ph34r:

Yes, I knew the 40 years difference scare some of you, but I need to let those scared peopel know that my husband is very healthy, not because I married him so I say so, because the fact showed me that he is much more healthy than me. He carried me when we were climbing the Yellow Mountain(Huang shan Mountain), he could run 10k with fifty-six minutes and I never could do that, he could be perfect fine in Tibet and fine with the 5200 meters altitude.

He is a smart and responsible man, he said he wants to marry me because he wants to take good care of me.

Suppose he may live to 100, I guess I will die before him,ha ha, :lol: .

I think jim_julian was right, I need to show VO that my husband is perfect healthy.

Hi X&R,

You did not scare me one bit.......... B)

But like others have said..The VO will raise their Eye brows at 40 years difference...... :ph34r:

Of course I would have done the same thing if Ling had been 40 years difference in age.

You need to emphasize his good health and that he would care for your heart more than a younger man. And any positives that you can think about.

Because he is a researcher at a university, I would suggest that you do not mention anything about "what you would want to do as far as education". This might give the VO an idea that you were marrying to come to the US for education.

Forty years difference can raise some eye brows, but if you think of all the positives that your marriage can mean...than I think you will be fine.. :blink:

Tom and Ling

Yes, I knew the 40 years difference scare some of you, but I need to let those scared peopel know that my husband is very healthy, not because I married him so I say so, because the fact showed me that he is much more healthy than me. He carried me when we were climbing the Yellow Mountain(Huang shan Mountain), he could run 10k with fifty-six minutes and I never could do that, he could be perfect fine in Tibet and fine with the 5200 meters altitude.

He is a smart and responsible man, he said he wants to marry me because he wants to take good care of me.

Suppose he may live to 100, I guess I will die before him,ha ha, :) .

I think jim_julian was right, I need to show VO that my husband is perfect healthy.