Any CFL members with Administrative processing over 6 months?

Next month it will be 2 years, since I married my Chinese wife! We are still waiting for the visa. It is under Administrative processing (AP).

I like to know if there is anybody out there who went through an AP for over 6 months after the visa interview. I am very anxious to hear your story as to how you handled your situation emotionally as well as operationally or legally.

You could respond to me either through this forum or through a personal message. Thank you!

My wife is going through an emotional trauma of forced separation for 2 years, like myself. She is also going through another emotional trauma in having to explain to her relatives and friends as to why she is not getting her visa. I think her friends are even teasing her that she could be a criminal or something because the US government does not want to give her the visa!

Ken88

Next month it will be 2 years, since I married my Chinese wife! We are still waiting for the visa. It is under Administrative processing (AP).

I like to know if there is anybody out there who went through an AP for over 6 months after the visa interview. I am very anxious to hear your story as to how you handled your situation emotionally as well as operationally or legally.

You could respond to me either through this forum or through a personal message. Thank you!

My wife is going through an emotional trauma of forced separation for 2 years, like myself. She is also going through another emotional trauma in having to explain to her relatives and friends as to why she is not getting her visa. I think her friends are even teasing her that she could be a criminal or something because the US government does not want to give her the visa!

Ken88

I did not get any response so far. I guess there is no one out there with AP over 6 months (and still continue to be an active member here).

ken88

Guest Mike and Lily

Tsap Seui was in AP for 6 months before it was changed to administrative review. He was in adminstrative review for another 4 months before GUZ made the determination that his relationship was not bonafide. Here is the thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=31206&st=0

I'm sure he'd be willing to talk with you about it if you asked him. I hope things turn out well for you.

Good luck!

Tsap Seui was in AP for 6 months before it was changed to administrative review. He was in adminstrative review for another 4 months before GUZ made the determination that his relationship was not bonafide. Here is the thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=31206&st=0

I'm sure he'd be willing to talk with you about it if you asked him. I hope things turn out well for you.

Good luck!

Shucks, I've made a few recent and very detailed posts regarding the hell of AP then AR blue slips. Most all of the lurkers who PM'd me have already gotten in contact Marc Ellis and moved on with their lives.

Unfortunately, there is no elusive holy grail to bow down to or embrace, or hoop, a person or their Congressman could jump through, to speed it up

God knows I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but there ain't any secrets or unturned stones with this. And Marc Ellis can't move it on either. He will want to interview your lady by phone (one hour to an hour and a half), and you still will have to wait it out. And if given a white slip you will not have one minute to try and keep the case in Guangzhou...as they, now, will immediately LOCK IT DOWN and tell you that you have to wait to hear from your USCIS service center where you originally filed, to find out what dastardly deed GUZ speculates one of you did.

My veteran Congressional laison used all her personal contact in both the DOS and GUZ and was locked down her owndamnself. She also told me it would usually take from 12 to 18 months, or more, before I would hear from my service center....if the service center didn't just let the case expire and never contact you. If your service center was Vermont, then you MAY hear from them with a letter....3 or 4 months after the 12 to 18 months it takes GUZ to send it to them.

Ken, you know my heart bleeds for you on this. I can only hope you are like the one out of 12 similar situations (THIS YEAR) I was contacted by who actually got a pink slip. The rest/are making other plans I guess.

I can't express to anyone here how (one month after our denial) extremely relieved I am to lose the stress of waiting. No more calls to the DOS, no more e-mails to a mostly automated e-mail responce system in GUZ, no more faxes to GUZ, and I don't have any more stress from the whole sordid affair of dealing with the government. HALLLALUYA!!!!!!!!!!! Every passing day away from GUZ is like a new lease on life. I am embarrassed to admit I allowed a broken government to waste 10 months of my life...after the interview....and we'll probably never know what went wrong.

Ken, I'll say a prayer for your success and an end to your torture. Only one who has been through that hell can understand what the REAL WAIT is all about.

I'm lucky we have gotten to know each other as well as we have. We're still standing with our arms around each other and the new adventure of the lil' rabbit and tsap seui can begin in earnest, without government intervention, thank you very much. :lol:

tsap seui

Hey Ken,

I think we've been in AR (not processing) for about 3 months now. Our emails are getting answered with similar scripted responses.

As far as our relationship is going, we fight about what to put in our next email. I am told to send "strong" emails but I don't want to piss anyone off at GUZ. Qi sees other girls on 001 that had interviews after ours that resulted in blue slips get a second interview date while we are still waiting. It sucks but what can we do about it ? Nothing at all.

Best thing I've found to do is to keep doing the things you did when you first started talking to your SO before you even started the visa process. Those are the things that brought you into a loving relationship.

Best of luck,

Scott

Hey Ken,

I think we've been in AR (not processing) for about 3 months now. Our emails are getting answered with similar scripted responses.

As far as our relationship is going, we fight about what to put in our next email. I am told to send "strong" emails but I don't want to piss anyone off at GUZ. Qi sees other girls on 001 that had interviews after ours that resulted in blue slips get a second interview date while we are still waiting. It sucks but what can we do about it ? Nothing at all.

Best thing I've found to do is to keep doing the things you did when you first started talking to your SO before you even started the visa process. Those are the things that brought you into a loving relationship.

Best of luck,

Scott

Scott, that is a VERY healthy attitude to your situation. I'm like you, I didn't send any "strong" e-mails to GUZ and was polite during my hundreds of calls to DOS.

If your blue slip is in AR (review) that is supposed to mean that they have requested info and are reviewing it.

The DOS operators tend to lump AR and AP into the phrase "administrative processing". You could ask one to look at their computer and read from GUZ's notes exactly what GUZ says. Again, most of those DOS operators will tell you it's all the same thing. It isn't!! But, the wait is all the same. :blink:

Good luck to you and you're lady. I hope the wait is short for both you and Ken, and anyone else in the blue slip hell.

My fiancee had a saying when we were in that mess...."One day awaita interview is one day. One day awaita blue slip is one YEAR."

Best wishes to all of you,

tsap seui