Is it possible to ask GUZ Embassy mail our Visa to our Hometown instea

Good luck to those who are interviewed this month. All of you deserve good life together.

Sily questions again:

1. Is it possible for GUZ Embassy mail our Visa to our hometown instead of picking up at GUZ after Pink ;) Interview ?

2. Does CR2 need show up with CR1 in the same window and interviewed by same VO ?

Thanks,

Lucy

Good luck to those who are interviewed this month. All of you deserve good life together.

Sily questions again:

1. Is it possible for GUZ Embassy mail our Visa to our hometown instead of picking up at GUZ after Pink :) Interview ?

2. Does CR2 need show up with CR1 in the same window and interviewed by same VO ?

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

1) We found out they will not mail the visa outside of the guandong province. However, what we have been told is the folks at the Tian yu (spelling, the apartments everyone rents at) will let you send the visa to them, then they will forward it to your home address. The collect a fee for this, but we don't know how much it is yet.

We feel like it will be less than the cost of another nights stay in Guangzhou.

2) The CR2 does need to show up with the CR1, but as I understand it the child and parent go to the same window for the interview, and the child is seldom ask any questions. I talked today with my daughter about the interview, and I am certain she would be fine even if they did ask her something.

Our interview is this coming Monday, so I will be able to give you absolute answers to both your questions after we return. We are planning to have our visas mailed rather than wait around in Guangzhou .

Sily questions again:

1. Is it possible for GUZ Embassy mail our Visa to our hometown instead of picking up at GUZ after Pink :) Interview ?

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

1) We found out they will not mail the visa outside of the guandong province. However, what we have been told is the folks at the Tian yu (spelling, the apartments everyone rents at) will let you send the visa to them, then they will forward it to your home address. The collect a fee for this, but we don't know how much it is yet.

We feel like it will be less than the cost of another nights stay in Guangzhou.

2) The CR2 does need to show up with the CR1, but as I understand it the child and parent go to the same window for the interview, and the child is seldom ask any questions. I talked today with my daughter about the interview, and I am certain she would be fine even if they did ask her something.

Our interview is this coming Monday, so I will be able to give you absolute answers to both your questions after we return. We are planning to have our visas mailed rather than wait around in Guangzhou .

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Enjoy the time with your family.

A famous Chinese saying, " hao ren yi sheng pi an " .

We are waiting for your answers to my two questions after your return :)

Lucy

The child's and parent's interviews will be together. In a follow to join case, the child may interview with the parent, or at a later time (this may only apply to K visas, however)

If the child is above a certain age, they MUST interview. If below that age and traveling with the parent, then they may not be required to appear.

I think the visa has to be picked up in person by the applicant, but we'll know for sure on Monday

Unlike many other consulates, Guangzhou does not waive interviews for children under 14.

Just to add a little to this, make sure the child's name is on the official interview letter, or in some cases, there is a separate interview letter for the child. In our case, and I can't believe it has now been over two weeks since our interview, both mom and child's name were on one interview letter from the Consulate. My daughter was prepared for the usual questions which they might ask a child; however, the VO did not ask her one single question.

We had our visas in hand on the third business day after our interview. They asked us for Lao Po's national ID card as the primary ID and her PRC family book, for a secondary ID, to claim the passports with US visas, which we picked up in person. The security is very high in this regard, due to the value of these documents.

Best wishes for your interview success !!