A little late

Hey guys,

I haven't posted here in a while but wanted to let you guys know that my wife finally got her GC (March '08 approval date)! We went through the Dallas DORA process back in May '06 but we ended up being stuck in name check hell. Up until when they came out with the 180 day namecheck rule. One good thing that came out of it was that my wife received the 10 year GC so we don't have to remove conditions anymore.

Of course when we got the card, they mis-spelled her name so we had to get that corrected through an I-90. But all's good now.

As far as DORA goes, I think the DORA program works, it's the FBI namecheck that messed it up.

Good luck to eveyone else who has an application pending, and thanks to the great Candle user community for all the help and very useful info that helped us through the various stages of this long process in the past 3 years. I'll stop by once in a while to see what's going on.

Regards,

Xtal

Edited by xtal (see edit history)

March 26, 2008

Thank you for your inquiry with the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB)

On February 4, 2008, USCIS issued guidance to the field stating that certain cases with Name Checks pending for more than 180 days and which are beyond the current USCIS processing times will be sent directly for adjudication.

. . .

If you have filed an I-485, . . . your case may now qualify for adjudication. . . .

For these reasons, CISOMB will not process your inquiry at the present time, while USCIS is engaged in identifying eligible cases and contacting the corresponding applicants. However, if you do nort receive notification from USCIS within the next 90 days, please contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283. Depending on the NCSC response, you may wish to follow-up by contacting CISOMB for possible case problem submission.

. . .

Sincerly,

CIS Ombudsman

The 90 days will be up in 2 weeks.

More of the same old No Service At All in the name of "improved service" for us.

But congratulations for your case.