Will there be an AOS interview after the biometrics???

Hi all,

I just got my NOA to I 485 & 765, and also the biometrics appointment. I'm wondering if there will be an interview scheduled after the biometrics cuz I remember seeing it in the FAQ and also heard it from some people before. However, reading in the timelines of some of the CFL members who recently received their green cards, I don't see any interview taken place. Should I expect/prepare for an interview or don't bother?

Thanks! =)

Hi all,

I just got my NOA to I 485 & 765, and also the biometrics appointment. I'm wondering if there will be an interview scheduled after the biometrics cuz I remember seeing it in the FAQ and also heard it from some people before. However, reading in the timelines of some of the CFL members who recently received their green cards, I don't see any interview taken place. Should I expect/prepare for an interview or don't bother?

Thanks! =)

Definately expect and prepare for it. If it comes, you're ready. If it doesn't, you're happy. :huh:

There's really no rhyme nor reason for who gets to skip the interview and who has to go. It does seem that the less complicated the case (no divorces,kids or other snags) the better your chances of slipping by without an interview. But it's no quarantee.

But there really aren't any hard and fast rules or patterns. We didn't have to go to one, but I have no idea why other than we had a simple case.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Thanks! Actually, looking through other CFL members' timelines, I notice the pattern that the 2005/2006 filers took a lot longer than the 2008 filers. and to me, the 2008 filers are not only really fast, but also didn't go through the interview. Is that a pattern or a way the USCIS is trying to speed up this year?

Edited by AmyAndDoug (see edit history)

When we filed it was unheard of to not have an interview for AOS. The last couple of years or so it has become fairly common not to have one. Like Dave said, be prepared for an interview.

Biometrics tend to be shcheduled shortly after filing, and dont have influence if and when an interview will happen.

Depends on where your I-485 case is.

• If case gets sent to your field office then expect an interview.

• If case gets sent to California Service Center, then more than likely the case will be approved without an interview, unless the adjudicator at CSC decides an interview is needed.

You can track the I-485 on USCIS.gov

Biometrics tend to be shcheduled shortly after filing, and dont have influence if and when an interview will happen.

• If case gets sent to California Service Center, then more than likely the case will be approved without an interview, unless the adjudicator at CSC decides an interview is needed.

My case hasn't been listed on their website yet, it's probably too new...

What if it just sets in Chicago with nothing being done to it?

Wont sit in Chicago, it will be sent to Missouri Service Center (AKA National Benefits Center) where it will be sent either on to CSC or be held for eventual interview. Go by processing time posted for field office, to estimate how long to expect.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

If sent to CSC, then there is no predicting processing time.

Wont sit in Chicago, it will be sent to Missouri Service Center (AKA National Benefits Center) where it will be sent either on to CSC or be held for eventual interview. Go by processing time posted for field office, to estimate how long to expect.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

If sent to CSC, then there is no predicting processing time.

oh shoot, my case is still under MSC. How do they determine whether to send a case to CSC or keep in MSC for eventual interview? Just luck or depends on the complication of the case? Seems like the CSC route is quicker? If send to CSC, there should be a notice sent to me, right?

oh shoot, my case is still under MSC. How do they determine whether to send a case to CSC or keep in MSC for eventual interview? Just luck or depends on the complication of the case? Seems like the CSC route is quicker? If send to CSC, there should be a notice sent to me, right?

There is no rhyme or reason what determines which gets sent to CSC or interview.

Yes if they send it on to CSC the should send you a notice of this, as well as indicate it on line, and if you have Email notification set up, you get an email like this one for us last year.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On June 6, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

There is no rhyme or reason what determines which gets sent to CSC or interview.

Yes if they send it on to CSC the should send you a notice of this, as well as indicate it on line, and if you have Email notification set up, you get an email like this one for us last year.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On June 6, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

ah, very neat, thanks dnoblett! I think I did set up the email notification thing before, but never received anything. they suck! =P