China kicks off drive to kick plastic bag habit

Guest Tony n Terrific

I supose this includes the type of plastic bags we see in the food markets here. Mostly white ones with the store logos on them. :helpsmilie:

First thought.

What will they do for trashbags? :unsure:

We'll have to see how this plays out. I can't see the people in the vegetable markets and little food stalls on the street charging much, if anything, for plastic bags.

I'm also wondering what to do about trash bags!

Guest Tony n Terrific

I supose this includes the type of plastic bags we see in the food markets here. Mostly white ones with the store logos on them. :offtopic:

First thought.

What will they do for trashbags? :o

We'll have to see how this plays out. I can't see the people in the vegetable markets and little food stalls on the street charging much, if anything, for plastic bags.

I'm also wondering what to do about trash bags!

They will do what we do here in the US. Put 50 bags in a fancy lithograph carton and call it disposable receptacles storage units at three times the price. American Marketing. Don't sell the steak sell the sizzle.

Possibly.

I read this article this morning on yahoo, and I sorta laughed.

I do know that we have gone through only 1 box of 30 Glad trashbags since Jie has been here in the US, approx. 1.2 yrs, but most were used during the 4 months she returned to China. :huh:

That is about 365 trips to the trash compactor for me. :D

But, I love her sooooooooo. :huh: