Advice on Missed I-130 Question

While reviewing our I-130 form, I realized that I missed the second half of question number #15-- "Name and Address of Present Employer (if any)" AND "Date this employment began" (the part i forgot)

I spoke with someone at USCIS in Beijing and he told me that it was "no problem". After living in China for a year, those words were a big red flag. Any advice on what I should do? Email them?

Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Maybe I am just making a big deal over nothing. It seems to me that the government wants every box filled in, since I left one blank, I was worried about the effect that would have on our petition. I was also unsure whether the guy answering the phone has the authority to say, 'yeah sure, shouldn't be a problem'. I don't want to screw up the process because of a stupid mistake I made.

Thanks for the response, David, I appreciate it and will keep my fingers crossed that it won't be a problem.

Avis

At first I was going to say to go to the Beijing office, but now I see you are pretty far. I would try to fax them with the information. I'm not sure what the fax number is. But you could just fax it and then I don't think you'd have anything to worry about :lol:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't find the fax # on the site. I'm having a really bad cold right now, and my meds are kicking in, so heres the site and some of the info there was on the site

DHS Beijing

Address in Chinese:

±±¾©Êг¯ÑôÇøÐãË®±±½Ö3ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ»ªÊ¹¹Ý

ÃÀ¹ú¹úÍÁ°²È«²¿

ÃÀ¹ú¹«ÃñÊÂÎñ¼°ÒÆÃñ·þÎñ¾Ö±±¾©°ì¹«ÊÒ Óʱà:100600

It also says this:

The Beijing Office may contact petitioners and /or applicants to request personal appearances for an interview or to request additional or missing documentation. It is therefore incumbent that applicants provide accurate contact information including their address in China, home phone number, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

So if you want to avoid being called in, I would try to get the info to them. Not saying that you will be called in, but it's a possiblity since it could be counted as requesting additional or missing documentation.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't find the fax # on the site. I'm having a really bad cold right now, and my meds are kicking in, so heres the site and some of the info there was on the site

DHS Beijing

Address in Chinese:

±±¾©Êг¯ÑôÇøÐãË®±±½Ö3ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ»ªÊ¹¹Ý

ÃÀ¹ú¹úÍÁ°²È«²¿

ÃÀ¹ú¹«ÃñÊÂÎñ¼°ÒÆÃñ·þÎñ¾Ö±±¾©°ì¹«ÊÒ Óʱà:100600

It also says this:

The Beijing Office may contact petitioners and /or applicants to request personal appearances for an interview or to request additional or missing documentation. It is therefore incumbent that applicants provide accurate contact information including their address in China, home phone number, cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

So if you want to avoid being called in, I would try to get the info to them. Not saying that you will be called in, but it's a possiblity since it could be counted as requesting additional or missing documentation.

Thanks for the help!! I can't believe I didn't put in all the information for that question...I checked and rechecked that thing like 25 times!! argh! Anyway, thanks for the Beijing contact info and for the advice. Hope your cold gets better soon! Avis

DHS Beijing

Address in Chinese:

北京市朝阳区秀水北街3号

美国驻华使馆

美国国土安全部

美国公民事务及移民服务局北京办公室 邮编:100600

It also says this:

Thanks for the help!! I can't believe I didn't put in all the information for that question...I checked and rechecked that thing like 25 times!! argh! Anyway, thanks for the Beijing contact info and for the advice. Hope your cold gets better soon! Avis

No problem! I'm thinking the same as David, in that it really should not be a problem, but if you are worried about it, you might just want to send them something. Better safe than sorry! :D Thanks, my cold is getting better!! :D

PS. Fax: (010) 8529-6779 (from within China) HAHA! The fax # was totally on the site!

Edited by xiaofeizhu (see edit history)