GUZ mailed overcome procedure

Hi Friends,

After GUZ receives the mailed in overcome evidence, GuZ says they will send a response by mail.

Assuming the outcome is positive, what is in the mailed response by GUZ?

Are there any additional forms to be filled out and brought to the IVU?

Is it just a letter informing the beneficiary to return with the passports?

If beneficiary lives far away, can she do a power of attorney and have someone hand in the passport for her?

If so, does the person need any documents from the GUZ mailed response in order to hand in and collect the passport?

Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever find an answer to this, offline from CFL ?

Hi Darnell,

I have seen the actual letter. Basically it is the same as what shyaushu described in his posts. There are 3 boxes; 'Congrats, your immigrant (or K) visa application has been approved, we now only require the passport(s) of the approved applicant(s) for printing.' Two other possible boxes are '...will be approved upon submission of additional certs (Unmarried, Police, etc)' and 'we must conduct a seconf interview...' My SO got No 1 box checked off, to my relief.

It is called the Call-in Letter, Form GUZ-LF1. It is sent via EMS. It gives instructions to hand in this letter and passports between 2-3 pm on Mon, Tue or Wed. If more than one passport, only one person need go. Still could not find anything about the empowering of a representative in the link provided to the Consulate website. Maybe I did not look closly enough.

Thanks.

Well hei - at least it's approved! I sense yer issue now is getting her back down to GUZ to hand it in, then wait a bit for the printing. Prolly 3 to 5 business days plus travel time. You want to appoint a proxy to handle it? Yes? Ain't there some law firms in the building that handle that for a HIGH FEE? If we was in yer shoes, I'd send her money for the trip and hotel stay with the Yangs.

Well hei - at least it's approved! I sense yer issue now is getting her back down to GUZ to hand it in, then wait a bit for the printing. Prolly 3 to 5 business days plus travel time. You want to appoint a proxy to handle it? Yes? Ain't there some law firms in the building that handle that for a HIGH FEE? If we was in yer shoes, I'd send her money for the trip and hotel stay with the Yangs.

You are right, considered the proxy route but in the end, decided to just send her for another trip. We'll see how it goes. Sure is difficult to relax until actual visa is in hand.

Thanks, and all the best to you too.