How long to set up interview?

Sorry if this has been asked a lot. My wife's CR-1 has just been forwarded to Guangzhou. Does anyone know how long it will take to set up the interview?

I was assuming that she would be able to come this summer, but now I'm reading on the Consulate website that it takes them 3-4 months just to receive it, and another couple months before the interview is scheduled!

Just wondering what everyone else has been experiencing lately, and if I should change my summer plans to next Christmas :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Guest Rob & Jin

Sorry if this has been asked a lot. My wife's CR-1 has just been forwarded to Guangzhou. Does anyone know how long it will take to set up the interview?

I was assuming that she would be able to come this summer, but now I'm reading on the Consulate website that it takes them 3-4 months just to receive it, and another couple months before the interview is scheduled!

Just wondering what everyone else has been experiencing lately, and if I should change my summer plans to next Christmas <_<

Thanks!

Take a look at the first pages of the "circling GUZ thread in the consulate process forum

As Rob said, you can look at the spreadsheet on the circling GUZ thread and see what everyone did.

For me it was about 3 months from nvc saying they mailed it, until GUZ said the got it.

After that it was 2 weeks till they scheduled an interview.

Keep in mind I am a CR/a person, so you really need to look at that spreadsheet and see what category you fall into to get a good estimate.