Just to let folks out there know, asking for help does work. Han Lin and I have been waiting since September of last year for the interview packet and an interview date. I had originally applied (K1) in April of last year, rec'd TSC approval in about 30 days (did my own packet no less!) and got the background packet from GZ about mid june. We had to wait on police certificates from europe because she had lived there, so it took us until early september to turn that back in. Sept 19th the consulate turned in the packet for name check....and we have been waiting ever since. "vetting and interagency delays" ate up the months. I wrote to my senator and got some assistance back in May. Things didn't move over the summer and I came to this site and read what everyone had to say. A few days ago, I wrote a gracious letter to maura harty who ...my impression...did back flips to help out. This is just me, but I'd say when you do write to a senior government official, keep in mind that they probably get a large number of requests for assistance...and many of them 'not so nicely' phrased. Now, given a stack of requests for help, which one gets the most attention? The one that says they are not doing their job...or the one that is phrased in a kinder tone? I honestly do not believe that venting your frustration when asking for help in any way furthers your cause.

At any rate, the name check is now complete, the consulate notified and we should have the final packet shortly. Of course, the race isn't done until you cross the finish line, but it sures looks a lot closer, at least we're not running a marathon anymore. Good luck to all.

"may your path be lined with the fragrance of an eternal spring"

thankyou thankyou. As a side note, I received an email from a special assistant to A/undersecretary Harty today that conveyed the information on the name check. And, after penning a quick thankyou note, called Han Lin immediately. She...somewhat grumpily...answered and said it was 4 in the morning! So i told here it was exceptional news and she woke her mother and father and we all talked for 15 mins or so. Small victories, big celebrations.