PINK! =D

I went in the first batch and ended up interviewing among the LAST 5. This is what happened:

7:10am - I walked to the line from Mr. Yang's. He was so nice, already had one of his visa tenants saving a spot for me in the long line.

around 7:30am - we all went into the building.

(from here, I forgot about time...)

when I finally heard my name being called, I went to the window to hand in my medical envelope. The speaker was very bad or maybe it's the guy's bad mandarin accent, I couldn't understand the window #, so I walked from 20 to 14, to 24, then finally to 23...facing an impatient face... haha I only had 2 English copies of the DS-156 and 157 forms, and that's actually what were asked for on the list. But the guy said since their workers are Chinese people, they want to read Chinese. So I had to fill out 2 Chinese copies of each DS-156 and 157 on the spot. Luckily I had visa photos with me.

That probably delayed my whole process. I was called for fingerprint AFTER I finished and handed in the Chinese forms, which was 30 mins later (I write slow in Chinese). By the time I finished the fingerprint, it was almost 10am I think...

Then I waited til 12:45pm, when there were only 5 people left in the room! We looked at one another, knowing that it was REALLY gonna be SOON. haha~ Then I was called the first among those last 5. It was window 25 I remember, a nice white American guy, blonde I think.

I said "Hi" and smiled.

He said "Hi" without smiling and just looking down at my papers.

I got bored and said "How are you today?"

He finally smiled and said "good." (without asking back) And asked "where did you learn English?"

I said, "In the U.S., I was there for school for 9 years."

He asked studying in what.

I answered him and also gave him the school name (Ivy League). So I guess that already set a good beginning.

Then he asked how my husband and I met, what he's currently doing, and what I'm currently doing.

He saw the big photo album I was holding out (I made it really sweet and pretty, couldn't wait to show it off. haha!), so he said "guess we'll see your pictures next." and he did SMILE when seeing the first page of our wedding picture with our marriage vow written below the pic. =)

After only 3 pages (I had 15 pages in total), he asked "have either of you ever been married before?" I gave a firm "no". Then he just began to ignore me.

So I asked, would you like to see more pictures? He replied "No, you're good."

Then I saw him taking out a PINK sheet of paper from the drawer, and I asked excitedly, "So I passed?!" And he gave a big smile and "Yes!"

NOTE: the VO did NOT ask to see any other documents besides those in the medical envelope, NOT EVEN the financial support papers. Maybe he was hungry like I was, and wanted to go to lunch ASAP... hahaha!

ANOTHER NOTE: window 22 and 23 VO's seem to be the toughest, esp. 22. Both white guys. 22 asks TONS of questions, and takes forever on everyone, such low productivity... There was this one woman with a young daugher who was stuck on 22 for almost 1 hr! And still got a white slip anyway...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!!! Sounds like you were at the end with my husband!

Thanks!

hmm...I did talk to a guy (out of extreme boredom) and said "guess we're the last 5, huh? did you come very late?" He replied "i guess...last 5... No, I came around 7:15, not late at all." Could that be your husband?! =O

Excellent ! The Best News Ever !!!!

Now those gastromical fools (with myself at the top of the list) want to know -

HEY ! What did you eat to celebrate ????

Excellent ! The Best News Ever !!!!

Now those gastromical fools (with myself at the top of the list) want to know -

HEY ! What did you eat to celebrate ????

Thanks, Guys! =D

I was actually REALLY happy to find KFC today. The street restaurants around here don't make my stomach feel "safe".... I've actually been constantly in HUNGER since I came to GZ yesterday. haha~

Amy, Congratulations to you and your Lao Gong !!! How wonderful !!!! :o :) ;)

I am sorry, but I really never had any doubt or worry about your outcome today !!

With an attitude and take no prisoners personality like yours, how could they dare not give you the PINK !!!

All I can say is I pity that poor husband of yours, he is in a real adventure with you at his side, I am quite sure !! I am also absolutely sure that you will be the ¡®Alpha¡¯ in your family unit !!! :rotfl: :vava:

Now that you have posted that you went to an ¡°Ivy League¡± university in the US (just like Hillary and Obama did) it explains everything about your personality. Yes, you are truly a Shanghai girl !! :huh:

Me, I was just a poor, blue collar boy, who went to a State College. :eekout:

Amy, you are a wonderful person !!! I wish you and your husband only the best in the future, and I really hope you keep us apprised of your life in the months and years ahead, here at CFL.

I am not sure, if I recall what State or City you will reside in here in America ??

Again, congratulations dear Amy and absolute best wishes to you and your husband, in all your future endeavors !!!!!

Always keep in touch with your CFL family !!!!! :) :D :P

Amy, Congratulations to you and your Lao Gong !!! How wonderful !!!! :o :) ;)

I am sorry, but I really never had any doubt or worry about your outcome today !!

With an attitude and take no prisoners personality like yours, how could they dare not give you the PINK !!!

All I can say is I pity that poor husband of yours, he is in a real adventure with you at his side, I am quite sure !! I am also absolutely sure that you will be the ¡®Alpha¡¯ in your family unit !!! :rotfl: :vava:

Now that you have posted that you went to an ¡°Ivy League¡± university in the US (just like Hillary and Obama did) it explains everything about your personality. Yes, you are truly a Shanghai girl !! :huh:

Me, I was just a poor, blue collar boy, who went to a State College. :eekout:

Amy, you are a wonderful person !!! I wish you and your husband only the best in the future, and I really hope you keep us apprised of your life in the months and years ahead, here at CFL.

I am not sure, if I recall what State or City you will reside in here in America ??

Again, congratulations dear Amy and absolute best wishes to you and your husband, in all your future endeavors !!!!!

Always keep in touch with your CFL family !!!!! :) :D :P

Roger Roger...always a great and humorous writer... hahaha~

New York City - so you can call us "East Coast Snob". =)

My lao gong's actually getting his MBA at an Ivy League university too. so I'm not sure who will be the "Alpha" in the family, especially since I learned all my "take no prisoners" from him! HAHA! He was in SH longer than I was too, we all adopted "the attitude" in order to survive here... hahaha~

Thank you for all your best wishes! I wish the same for you and your lao po. Will you come back again for her interview? From her picture, she looks like a very soft woman, so you'll have an easier time than Doug. ;-)

Amy, Congratulations to you and your Lao Gong !!! How wonderful !!!! :D :D :toot:

All I can say is I pity that poor husband of yours, he is in a real adventure with you at his side, I am quite sure !! I am also absolutely sure that you will be the ¡®Alpha¡¯ in your family unit !!! :lol: :lol:

Now that you have posted that you went to an ¡°Ivy League¡± university in the US (just like Hillary and Obama did) it explains everything about your personality. Yes, you are truly a Shanghai girl !! :lol:

Me, I was just a poor, blue collar boy, who went to a State College. :roller:

Always keep in touch with your CFL family !!!!! :D :D :D

Roger Roger...always a great and humorous writer... hahaha~

New York City - so you can call us "East Coast Snob". =)

My lao gong's actually getting his MBA at an Ivy League university too. so I'm not sure who will be the "Alpha" in the family, especially since I learned all my "take no prisoners" from him! HAHA! He was in SH longer than I was too, we all adopted "the attitude" in order to survive here... hahaha~

Thank you for all your best wishes! I wish the same for you and your lao po. Will you come back again for her interview? From her picture, she looks like a very soft woman, so you'll have an easier time than Doug. ;-)

Amy, one must always maintain a sense of humor, even though mine can be very dry at times !! ;)

Naw, my money is still on you as the true Alpha in your family....you will just let Doug 'think' he is in charge !! :ph34r:

Yes, I will be in GZ for my wife's interview, would not miss this for anything !!! And yes, while my lao po is a very soft/sweet woman, she is also a very educated and strong woman, so I have the best of all worlds in my Guangzhou girl !!! ;) :D :D

We are all so very lucky !!! :D

Maybe we can all meet someday in the not too distant future !!

Best wishes always, Roger and Hongxia ;)