Did the post office lose my wife's green card?

We sent it the I-751 to the Texas Service Center about 10/14/07. Got the notice about 10 days later saying everything was being sent to the California Service Center. In January got the notice to go and have the biometrics done, which we did. I've been watching the USCIS website all this time under the "Case Status Online". Back in the middle of March the online status for our case said that on March 16 the USCIS ordered the 10 year green card to be printed, which was nice because it meant we didn't have to go through the interview. The next week after that the following message popped up on the online status page:

"On March 24, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

Now here it is 3 1/2 weeks after the last message and nearly 1 month after the first message and we've seen nothing of any letter or green card. I'm starting to get worried that it has been lost in the mail. It seems most other people we know and here on this website are getting their green cards delivered in 7 to 10 days after seeing the notice on the online status page. What the heck should I do? Should I wait longer or try to torture myself and confuse USCIS even more by calling their customer service line and tell them our card is lost? Actually I did call it and after listening to the endless automated selections, most seemed to say you should wait at least 30 days before calling about missing stuff. But I'm really getting impatient.

I would wait until 30 days past the online notice, and then schedule an Info-Pass appointment to your field office and ask in person what is going on.

If you had correct address on the I-751, and if you have not moved since you filed the I-751, then the PO should not loose anything.

I would wait until 30 days past the online notice, and then schedule an Info-Pass appointment to your field office and ask in person what is going on.

If you had correct address on the I-751, and if you have not moved since you filed the I-751, then the PO should not loose anything.

We haven't moved for 4 years and we've always gotten every thing they have ever sent us. My biggest worry is that someone else got the letter(s) and just threw them away.

I would agree to wait the 30 days before contacting them because they'll just ignore your plea for an infopass before that. I wouldn't doubt if there was a typo on the address by them in which case would be sent back for them to correct. Hang in there just a little bit longer!

I would agree to wait the 30 days before contacting them because they'll just ignore your plea for an infopass before that. I wouldn't doubt if there was a typo on the address by them in which case would be sent back for them to correct. Hang in there just a little bit longer!

Thanks for the information. I'm feeling a little better now that I at least know I have several possible courses of action to take.