Going to CIS...questions

I have a question...I scheduled an appointment to go talk to CIS in-person (Beijing), because they could not answer my questions on the phone about my visa and whatnot. I have not yet filed a DCF petition, but I plan to in the near future. However, when I visit CIS, is there anything that I should be prepared for? If me and my wife go there together, will they ask many questions£¿

Will they want me to file it right away when I go there, or can I still wait a few months?

Thanks for the help, I just wanna make sure I'm prepared for anything that could occur.

Guest Rob & Jin

I have a question...I scheduled an appointment to go talk to CIS in-person (Beijing), because they could not answer my questions on the phone about my visa and whatnot. I have not yet filed a DCF petition, but I plan to in the near future. However, when I visit CIS, is there anything that I should be prepared for? If me and my wife go there together, will they ask many questions£¿

Will they want me to file it right away when I go there, or can I still wait a few months?

Thanks for the help, I just wanna make sure I'm prepared for anything that could occur.

Umm..... they can't tell you when to file (well at least not yet :helpsmilie: ).

I dont know what your questions are, but you maybe better off asking them here.

Be very cautious if your questions are anything but general, you dont want to tell them (DOS) about anything that they may use against you.

JMHO , Good luck :threeques:

you should save yourself a trip and just ask here... unless there is stuff you really don't want to post publicly.

We've had enough DCFer's come through here, and there is a CFL DCF FAQ as well...

If you go... I guess the main issue really boils down to knowing exactly what to file... so ask them for a checklist. I've heard of one (and think maybe seen it at one time) but we created a checklist based on experience.. if you do get anything in writing, pass it along and I can post it on CFL :)

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)