A couple questions

I am making copies and working on all the forms needed to send for green card.

Question 1. " Form I-693A Vaccination Supplement for Intending Immigrant " Jing got all of her shots in China ... does she still need to see a civil surgeon here? She has her little yellow book.

Question 2. I see we don't need divorce docs for the I-485 ... but do we still need them for the I-797 ?

Question 3. I'd like to file for the AP ... but we don't have any set dates yet for her to travel ... whats the procedure for this ?

Thanks

Dave

Question 1. " Form I-693A Vaccination Supplement for Intending Immigrant " Jing got all of her shots in China ... does she still need to see a civil surgeon here? She has her little yellow book.

Question 2. I see we don't need divorce docs for the I-485 ... but do we still need them for the I-797 ?

Question 3. I'd like to file for the AP ... but we don't have any set dates yet for her to travel ... whats the procedure for this ?

Thanks

Dave

She needs to submit the I-693A with the I-485. It must be signed by the civil surgeon. It will simply state what shots she has had.

The I-797 is the receipt for her application. The USCIS will send it (one for each application) to her. No divorce decree is needed for either the AP (I-131) or EAD (I-785) applications.

Just given approximate dates. It is good for the entire year.

Thanks

Dave

She needs to submit the I-693A with the I-485. It must be signed by the civil surgeon. It will simply state what shots she has had.

The I-797 is the receipt for her application. The USCIS will send it (one for each application) to her. No divorce decree is needed for either the AP (I-131) or EAD (I-785) applications.

Just given approximate dates. It is good for the entire year.

The I-797 is the reciept they sent me when i sent the I-129F correct?

and by reading the list i saw posted here ... the divorce papers are for the I-864 ( although i see no reason why )

Jing had a complete examination comparable to the I-693 exam while she was in China ... she has a book from them called " Certificate of Health Examination " and it was done by a US approved Dr. so does she have to have it all done again here?

Yes - the I-797 for your original I-129F application must be included - this is the NOA2 approval, not the NOA1 receipt. I don't think that any other documents from the I-129F application are requested, including divorce papers.

From the I-485 instructions:

If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

Jing had a complete examination comparable to the I-693 exam while she was in China ... she has a book from them called " Certificate of Health Examination " and it was done by a US approved Dr. so does she have to have it all done again here?

No. The I-693 is the supplement that is to be filled out by the CS and included in the packet. I believe the CS will have this form. Just find one that understands that she doesn't need the complete exam, just the supplement filled out.

You can also print out a copy and take it with you to the CS appt.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

1) YES, but when you do visit a CS to get the yellow book record transfered to the supplement, you have to INSIST on NOT doing a full medical, many CS like to gouge for the full medical, it is NOT needed for K-Visa holders, bring the I-485 directions with you and show the doctor where it says only supplement needed.

2) NO just a simple photo copy of marriage cert needed for I-485

3) NO set date needed for AP, just note that you want it to be able to visit family, or trip abroad while I-485 is pending.

Yes - the I-797 for your original I-129F application must be included - this is the NOA2 approval, not the NOA1 receipt. I don't think that any other documents from the I-129F application are requested, including divorce papers.

If you are a K-1 fianc?e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc?e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

Do they supply the form or is it something i have to take with me ?

I don't need the divorce papers for the I-864 Application for support ?

Edited by iyan46 (see edit history)

If you are a K-1 fianc?e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc?e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

Once you are married, and she has her visa they think the divorced did really happen. You do not need to resubmit the old divorce info. Just submit the new married info, the certified copy of your marriage certificate.

MOst have the form, but you can bring it to be sure.

Edited by Don (see edit history)

Once you are married, and she has her visa they think the divorced did really happen. You do not need to resubmit the old divorce info. Just submit the new married info, the certified copy of your marriage certificate.

MOst have the form, but you can bring it to be sure.

Thank You

Yes the CS will have the I-693A forms.

You can also have two handy with you.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD