Hello & A few ?'s

Hi guys, my wife and I are just starting her CR1 Visa and have hired a little local help filling out the forms from a guy named Roger in Nanning.

So far he's really nice and seems to know a lot about the process, but he mentioned a few things that set off alarms and I wanted to get your collective take.

On the g325a for our first packet, the form asks for my past 5 years of employers. I've bounced around a lot of jobs in the states being in my mid 20's around that time. I've been to China 3 different times (including my current nearly 2 year long stay) as well.

So problem #1) Once the form was filled out, I found I needed more space. Can I just write on the back, or what do I do? Add a typed attachment?

which raises problem #2) Roger's advice is that I just be selective which jobs I pick so I don't seem like I bounce around between jobs. I can see the wisdom of what he says, but considering a quick database check with the IRS would reveal the truth, I'm thinking honesty is the best policy.

Problem #3) What do I do about my jobs in China? Before I got married I'll be darned if I could even tell you the school name, much less what their addresses are. I could have my wife search the internet perhaps, or maybe use the address of the recruiter I know up north. We're not on the best of terms since I moved to another town on the other side of China, so calling him for data didn't yield any results other than a few wasted RMB. (Recruiters hate it when money walks away =-( )

right now I just have listed various schools, various cities, etc... but have the accurate dates. I pretty much used to do 6 month contracts so in a year I did 4 or so jobs (2 6 months + a summer camp and winter camp).

Problem #4) In the upper right hand of the form where it says 'file number' right now it says 'a none' - should that be removed?

Problem #5) In my parent's biography section it asks for place of birth and current city/country of residence. I've got their state in their too...should I omit that or leave it in? I can see arguments for both.

Thanks for any feedback.

I'm also kind of curious that this first process really entails. What exactly will happen once I send this first packet off? Other than a long and stressful wait ;-P

P.S. Don't take any of these to be a reflection of the quality of Roger's work, we're meeting today to try to finalize these forms. I just wanted to get some feedback from some of you before I go to the meeting. Roger has been excellent when it comes to responding to calls, sms messages, e-mails, or whatever. He's a nice guy, and seems to know what he's doing for the most part.

Chad ... welcome to CFL ... we wish you and your wife well.

1. When you're out of space on a form I recommend a continuation sheet, hopefully typed. Put a heading on the top that IDs the form and the applicant and on the original form just enter "See continuation sheet".

2. Whatever you do don't give the USG any possibility to think you're lying or hiding something. Include all your US jobs. Honesty is the best policy. The repercussions of stretching the truth are too terrible to contemplate.

5. I'd include the state.

Others with more direct experience can address #3 and #4.

Welcome to Candle Chad.

I'll do my best to answer your questions. Others will be along to correct or add to my answers, probably before I even get them typed out. :D

1. Yes, just write "See Attachment" in the space and type out the info on the attachment. Be sure to indicate the question # you're answering on the attachment.

2.I think the Gov'ts primary concern is your current employment and whether you can support your wife. So honesty is the best policy.

3. Do the best you can. I would think putting the city/province should suffice. Others may disagree.

4. Don't leave any blanks. Use either "None" or "N/A." I think None works for this one.

5. I don't think leaving the states in will cause you any problems. :P

You're right. Once you send it in it's mainly a bunch of waiting for NOA1 then NOA2 etc. You can study up in the FAQs here to find out what you can be doing in the meantime as far as evidence gathering etc.

Good luck. ;)

Edit:

Yep. Jim definately has faster fingers.:angry:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Hi guys, my wife and I are just starting her CR1 Visa and have hired a little local help filling out the forms from a guy named Roger in Nanning.

So far he's really nice and seems to know a lot about the process, but he mentioned a few things that set off alarms and I wanted to get your collective take.

On the g325a for our first packet, the form asks for my past 5 years of employers. I've bounced around a lot of jobs in the states being in my mid 20's around that time. I've been to China 3 different times (including my current nearly 2 year long stay) as well.

So problem #1) Once the form was filled out, I found I needed more space. Can I just write on the back, or what do I do? Add a typed attachment? Attachment

which raises problem #2) Roger's advice is that I just be selective which jobs I pick so I don't seem like I bounce around between jobs. I can see the wisdom of what he says, but considering a quick database check with the IRS would reveal the truth, I'm thinking honesty is the best policy. the truth

Problem #3) What do I do about my jobs in China? Before I got married I'll be darned if I could even tell you the school name, much less what their addresses are. I could have my wife search the internet perhaps, or maybe use the address of the recruiter I know up north. We're not on the best of terms since I moved to another town on the other side of China, so calling him for data didn't yield any results other than a few wasted RMB. (Recruiters hate it when money walks away =-( ) be as accurate asyou can- ? what visa are you there on -z or l, will affect getting a police certificate later

right now I just have listed various schools, various cities, etc... but have the accurate dates. I pretty much used to do 6 month contracts so in a year I did 4 or so jobs (2 6 months + a summer camp and winter camp).

Problem #4) In the upper right hand of the form where it says 'file number' right now it says 'a none' - should that be removed? n/a

Problem #5) In my parent's biography section it asks for place of birth and current city/country of residence. I've got their state in their too...should I omit that or leave it in? I can see arguments for both.both is good, city/state

Thanks for any feedback.

I'm also kind of curious that this first process really entails. What exactly will happen once I send this first packet off? Other than a long and stressful wait ;-P

P.S. Don't take any of these to be a reflection of the quality of Roger's work, we're meeting today to try to finalize these forms. I just wanted to get some feedback from some of you before I go to the meeting. Roger has been excellent when it comes to responding to calls, sms messages, e-mails, or whatever. He's a nice guy, and seems to know what he's doing for the most part.

For #4, That is an A#, that wont be assigned until much later after USCIS has the case and assigns an alien registration number to the prospective immigrant.

G-325A has several different uses, such as adjusting status from a K-Visa, in that case the prospective immigrant will have an A#.

At this point you can write "none" there.

2.I think the Gov'ts primary concern is your current employment and whether you can support your wife. So honesty is the best policy.

You're right. Once you send it in it's mainly a bunch of waiting for NOA1 then NOA2 etc. You can study up in the FAQs here to find out what you can be doing in the meantime as far as evidence gathering etc.

I clipped the quote to ask a few questions ;) Hope you don't mind, and thanks for the speedy reply!

As for #2, are they looking at that already? Because I currently live/work in China as a part-time teacher for several schools, but primarily a single University. When I leave that would obviously effect my income :) I'm filing the CR-1 since my mother and father are both willing to sponsor my wife.

I've read through several FAQs including CFL, but I have to admit that I'm still a little boggled by what the NOA1/2 is.

I understand roughly that NOA1 is somehow supposed to verify that our application is acceptable before proceeding, but I wish I understood the general mechanics a bit more. Some sites and FAQs go way in-depth, but I guess I'm looking more for something that's between "A Dummy's Guide To NOA1/2" and "NOA1/2 For Lawyers." lol :D If anyone knows a good site or link that covers this for novices, pls post or pm as appropriate :D

I have heard nothing but good things about Rob and his Nanning site which I have read a few times. That being said I don't believe he is a lawyer. If he is helping people with immigration forms and charging a fee for it he is in essence practicing law without a license. You are correct in seeing a red flag over your employment issues. A back ground check will be done on you and omitting employers can come up. The most important rule in dealing with immigration is NEVER EVER EVER LIE TO THE USCIS! It can come back to haunt you and as Jim said the results could be disasterous. Another issue not mentioned is income. If you are teaching in China it is doubtful you are making 125% of the federal poverty guidelines. You will likely need a co-sponsor. You don't need to pay Rob to help you. All the information you need is here on CFL. Read the FAQ. Here is a link to some links that will help you navigate CFL and the visa process. Good luck.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=193914

I have heard nothing but good things about Rob and his Nanning site which I have read a few times. That being said I don't believe he is a lawyer. If he is helping people with immigration forms and charging a fee for it he is in essence practicing law without a license.

But I think this is about Roger Lin in Nanning, and not Rob, who is here in the US

You are correct Randy, I stand corrected. Rob's Nanning site is a seperate entity. I got them mixed up. I appologize for any confusion. My comment about Roger practicing law without a license still stands unless someone can show that he is a legitimate lawyer. If he is then I think he is way out of line to suggest an petitioner omits information on USCIS forms.

You are correct Randy, I stand corrected. Rob's Nanning site is a seperate entity. I got them mixed up. I appologize for any confusion. My comment about Roger practicing law without a license still stands unless someone can show that he is a legitimate lawyer. If he is then I think he is way out of line to suggest an petitioner omits information on USCIS forms.

I''m pretty sure he is NOT a lawyer, but he is one of many form filler outer assisters in China

I agree, but I corrected the situation. Roger is a very nice guy, and he's proven very helpful but I think that he doesn't know how easy it is for the IRS to track people down. I'm opening a new topic shortly that will address a few of these concerns.

I''m pretty sure he is NOT a lawyer, but he is one of many form filler outer assisters in China

I have heard that he is a very nice guy and has helped a lot of people in Nanning.