I haven't been to see my wife in a year, although we talk everyday. Would the Consulate wonder why I haven't been there in a year, in fact since we got married, I do send money to her every month. Just was wondering since I have my first NOA-1 for the I-130, and should have the second shortly.

The number of times you visit is important. I am not sure how important. They did ask my fiance, now wife, how many times did i visit and photos from those visit.

This has come up before. Many people have gone over a year without seeing their intended. Not everyone has the time or money to jump across the ocean a few times a year. Maybe you are fixing up the house before she gets here. One interview the question was raised and work was the reply. They could not get away from work. The VO wanted to see a letter from the management of his company confirming the story. (noterized)

It certainly will not help your situation; whether it hurts or not is a coin toss... but going more doesn't hurt either... so your in that gap where it can possibly hurt.

It is one of the top 5 questions asked... so I would conclude that they consider the USCs time with the petitioned immigrant important on some level.

Some get a blue since they questions why one doesn't even visit their own fiancee/wife (ie: if the USC is being paid for the relationship, then why would he spend the money on trips since he would burn up his 'pay').

And some don't seem to get any negative outcome from it.. depends on the VO and what the VOs feels about the case.