Your opinion on the wording of this question.

From page 3 of the I-864A.

I, the sponsor, my name, in consideration of the household member's promise to support the following intending immigrant(s) and to be jointly and severally liable for any obligations I incur under the affidavit of support, promise to complete and file an affidavit of support on behalf of the following __________ (Indicate number) named intending immigrant(s).

What do you think the blank means? What number? Underneath this statement there is a box where you write the name of the immigrant, DOB, A number, and SS number. Should I write "one" indicating that the household member is only supporting one immigrant or should I write the A number again in this box? Any thoughts?

From page 3 of the I-864A.

I, the sponsor, my name, in consideration of the household member's promise to support the following intending immigrant(s) and to be jointly and severally liable for any obligations I incur under the affidavit of support, promise to complete and file an affidavit of support on behalf of the following __________ (Indicate number) named intending immigrant(s).

What do you think the blank means? What number? Underneath this statement there is a box where you write the name of the immigrant, DOB, A number, and SS number. Should I write "one" indicating that the household member is only supporting one immigrant or should I write the A number again in this box? Any thoughts?

ONE.

Read the sentence.

You're filing "an affidavit of support on behalf of the following ONE named intending immigrant." If there were two (like your spouse and her son from a previous marriage) there would be two intending immigrants; here it sounds like there's just your spouse.

Also I-864A is only usable if the person providing the I-864A is a member of the sponsor or joint sponsor's household.

I-864A is used by a household member to help make up for a shortfall of a sponsor's income and 125% poverty line.

If you are using a Joint-Sponsor, the Joint-Sponsor fills out another I-864, NOT I-864A.