F-1 Student Visa interview already made

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for Don and Randy's help with information that helped us finish all the paperwork we need for our student visa. I have already gotten my wife's cousin accepted to a American School and the interview has been made. If we are successful I will post all my information for others to use.

Two quick questions, can her parents just sign a paper saying she can travel outside of China with us to America without getting it notorized? Where in China could I get it nortorized if it has to be done? She is 15 turning 16 in September. Her interview is less than a month away.

Where do I pay the F-1 Visa interview fee? Can I pay it online or it has to be paid to a bank in China? What bank? Only in Guangzhou? Thanks again and although the chances of her getting a visa at her age is slim its worth trying to make a difference in her life. If she fails, can we make another interview with more evidence? Thanks guys my main worry right now is paying the interview appointment and her permission slip. Wish us luck its going to be a uphill attempt!

Sam

China has Notary Offices in every town and city, I suspect the note can be notarized there.

F-1 like other NON-Immigrant visas have to pay the $131 fee to CITIC bank.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/how_to_apply.html

China has Notary Offices in every town and city, I suspect the note can be notarized there.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON WHERE TO PAY! Any links on notorys in China? Thanks

Notes from DOS

Most of the documents listed below can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats. These offices are part of the Ministry of Justice structure, but are separate from the people's court system.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON WHERE TO PAY! Any links on notorys in China? Thanks

I think you must use the offical notary for her town, her parents Huko. They will need to sign a paper giving her the right to travel out of the country. They will know, there is only one they can use. Most likely the Notary will demand to use thier own wording, so just let them.

Thanks everyone,

I'm actually very nervous even though the odds are against us i'm staying optimistic. I'm flying to China to give her my passport to go inside with. Anyone know if she needs to fill out the DS-157 she's a 15 year old female. Seems like that form is for males over a certain age right? Thanks again

I have actually had two questions:

1) Does she have to fill out the DS-157

2) when she goes and pays the CITIC Bank $131 Interview fee, What information does she need? Passport? or what else? Can someone pay that on behalf of her? She doesn't have one in Zhongshan China and we have a friend in Guangzhou that can pay then give it to her. Thanks in advance!

I have actually had two questions:

1) Does she have to fill out the DS-157

2) when she goes and pays the CITIC Bank $131 Interview fee, What information does she need? Passport? or what else? Can someone pay that on behalf of her? She doesn't have one in Zhongshan China and we have a friend in Guangzhou that can pay then give it to her. Thanks in advance!

Will need their passport, the bank will give her a receipt to take to the consulate.