Overcome income issue

I have a friend who has K3 and was recently given a blue slip at her IR1 interview due to husband's low taxable income. She recently got a job in US, so their combined income is not too low in future, but her income is not shown in the I864 form.

Have anyone got any idea on how to overcome this issue?

Do they still have the option of finding a co-sponsor?

Thanks for your advices.

I think all they need to do is fill out a new I-864, showing their combined income. If this is a new job this year, then include the letter from her employer, and paycheck stubs for proof of income.

Yes, the co-sponsor would also be an option.

OR filing for AOS here in the US would avoid additional trips for the interviews.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Adjust status in the USA.

Options are:

Get a Joint-sponsor.

OR

US citizen spouse files I-864, and K-3 holder adds an I-864A as a member of household.

Thank you very much, Randy and Dan!

Randy, she has already gone back to China for her IR1 interview, and received a blue slip, does she still have the option of returning to US on her K3 visa and filing change of status in US?

Randy, she has already gone back to China for her IR1 interview, and received a blue slip, does she still have the option of returning to US on her K3 visa and filing change of status in US?

Yes - the K-3 is multiple entry up to 2 years.

But she elected to continue the IR1 process in Guangzhou over adjusting locally. Would the blue slip she has got prevent her from adjusting status in US?

But she elected to continue the IR1 process in Guangzhou over adjusting locally. Would the blue slip she has got prevent her from adjusting status in US?

No

Is this the right hand and the left hand having opposite reactions or what !

She has a non-immigrant visa to enter the US for two years and is deny an immigrant visa to enter the country to stay :huh:

Stranger things have happened... but for now, she can enter the US on a visa issued by the consulate, although the same consulate won't issue the other one :D