I-485 Fee is $1010?

Ok, got married, got social security card, got state ID. Started assembling package for I-485.

A few questions:

1. Is the fee really $1010 for only the I-485 form? Why does all my previous research on the FAQ's say that the fees are 300 and some dollars. Just want to make sure before I give away more money. The way I understand it now, it is $1010 plus the AP and EAD bringing the grand total to something around 1400 dollars. Am I right?

2. What should I put under current USCIS status (part 1 of the I-485)?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, got married, got social security card, got state ID. Started assembling package for I-485.

A few questions:

1. Is the fee really $1010 for only the I-485 form? Why does all my previous research on the FAQ's say that the fees are 300 and some dollars. Just want to make sure before I give away more money. The way I understand it now, it is $1010 plus the AP and EAD bringing the grand total to something around 1400 dollars. Am I right?

2. What should I put under current USCIS status (part 1 of the I-485)?

Thanks in advance.

No - the $1010 is the total fee - it includes the AP and EAD at no extra charge, including the annual renewals, if needed.

1) You are looking at old info, we paid the $300 or so number last May before USCIS raised the fees to $1010 last July.

The positive thing EAD (I-765) and AP (I-131) cost nothing when included with the I-485 (EAD is code C9 based on pending I-485)

2) K-1 visa holder.

Its easy.

If you send ALL the applications together,its a TOTAL of $1010.

If you try to get the "EAD" alone only,and you send that application alone,then you must pay THAT seperate fee.

But even THAT fee goes to $0 if you include a copy of the NOA1 from the AOS application.

The I-485 fee is $1010, with or without the EAD and AP applications. These are FREE when submitted with the AOS application, OR if a copy of the AOS NOA1 is included.

Its easy.

If you send ALL the applications together,its a TOTAL of $1010.

If you try to get the "EAD" alone only,and you send that application alone,then you must pay THAT seperate fee.

It's if you file for EAD BEFORE filing for AOS that a fee is needed. If you file for it AFTER AOS filing, all you need to do is attach a copy of AOS NOA1 letter to it, and the cost is $0

K-1 should not file for EAD before, the EAD a K-1 would get is a 90 day EAD that expires 90 days after entry on the K-1, and EADs tend to take 90 days to get, so a useless EAD.

K-3 can file for EAD before (K-3 EAD is valid for up to 2 years), and sometimes this makes sense, in cases where the couple has been married nearly 2 years, and are timing AOS filing so that it gets approved after 2nd wedding anniversary, in order to avoid a 2 year CR-Green-card.