Blue Slip

Ok, thanks everyone for helping calm my nerves (although I've heard some stories about this particular VO that still have me on edge a little). I have a question though. The VO wants a certified statement. The best I can tell is they want something like this:

I (co-sponsors name's) will provide Scott and Qi any financial support they need as required per the I-134 under penalty of perjury...... etc..... Subscribed and sworn to before me

On this _____ day of ______, 200_

Notary Public

My commission expires on

Not so sure on the wording yet, hope it is good enough. A lot of you have been through this so I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks in advance

Scott

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thanks everyone for helping calm my nerves (although I've heard some stories about this particular VO that still have me on edge a little). I have a question though. The VO wants a certified statement. The best I can tell is they want something like this:

I (co-sponsors name's) will provide Scott and Qi any financial support they need as required per the I-134 under penalty of perjury...... etc..... Subscribed and sworn to before me

On this _____ day of ______, 200_

Notary Public

My commission expires on

Not so sure on the wording yet, hope it is good enough. A lot of you have been through this so I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks in advance

Scott

Scott, That looks like what they are asking for. Carefully read the blue slip and finish the wording with what you feel they are asking for. Of course, have it hand written.

Anything is possible from those VO's, so your caution and trepidation about them is correct. When they deny or blue slip someone there is no oversight on them and NO INTERVENTION by ANYONE...and THEY know this. They well understand they can't get into any trouble for hassling people. :unsure:

Luckily, it looks like a simple overcome for you guys, and I hope the best for you both.

Good luck,

tsap seui

When we got blue-slipped the first time I went straight to our congressman and showed them the blue-slip and the overcome evidence. The congressman, after getting to know me, then wrote to the consulate on my behalf asking them to decide favorably. I attended the overcome interview with Lychee and passed. Maybe it's coincidence... but asking the aid of our congressman didn't hurt it seems.