Blue Slip

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the I-134 that you filled out only contain your financial information on it, or did it contain your parents as well?

I know you had supporting documents to show your parents' support, but was that on your I-134 (or a supplemental I-134)?

It takes a separate signed and notorized I-134 from the co-sponsor, as well as their 3 years transcripts or tax returns.

Just thought I should make that lil' point clear. :o

How cute that the VO told Scott's fiancee he didn't want to see his parents I-134, sounds like another blue slip to overcome that point...later on of course.

Good luck Scott.

tsap seui

Soon 8 months of waiting.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Ok, I just got a copy of the blue slip. It reads, "Please Mr. xxxxx explain your income and current living condition. Please explain in a certified statement what you do for work now as well. Please have your parents write a certified statement and have it photographed with you and your parents explain that they will help support Qi".

I have 2 jobs and sent letters from both employers stating my status with both of them.

Here is the conversation with the VO:

Vo:ni hao

me:hello!

VO:ah,you can speak english?

me:yes,but can you speak a little slowly?

VO:ok(then he spoke in chinese,but answer in english)

vo:how did you guys know each other?

me:you know the msn space?he said yes,he found my space from other person`s space

vo:i see

vo:where does he live?

me:ohio, xxxxxx

vo:where will you live after get married

me:u.s

vo:have you ever been to othter country?

me:no never

vo:when did he come to china?

me:on noverber 25th 2006

Vo:he is 28 years old?

me:yes,xxxxxxx his birthday

Vo:he is a student?

me:no,he was before,not he is working for his dad

vo:what did he learn

me:bible

vo:bible??!?

me:yes,he goes to church every sunday

VO:ok i see

vo:give me the pics

me:ok

me:you want more?

vo:yes

me:more?

vo:yes

vo:do you have his parents` pic?

me:yes,here it is

vo:do you have the tax?

me:yes i have his dad`s tax also

vo:ok

vo:where is your fiance live with?

me:with his parents and sister.

i also have the letter of my fiance and his mom.would you like to see?

vo:ok

vo:ok,your informations are good,but your fiance is 28 years old how come he got so less money?not less..(cant remember what did he say)

me:i have his dad`s tax

vo:even if his parents get so much money is not his,they will not live with you

then he took the blue paper out,i feel things will be bad,then i say

me:his mom said about will give us a house they are living and they move to another house in her letter

but he didnt listen to me,wrote on the paper

me:i really dont want to come to guangzhou again.it is so hard to come to here to me

vo:you can mail the things to here

me:...

2004, 2005, and 2006 I was in school full time. Last year I would have made enough if i didn't spend almost 2 months in China. I feel that they guy didn't really do his job very well in asking for the information that Qi had with her. Maybe she could have said more but I feel his mind was made up as soon as he saw the tax.

You'll have the opportunity to explain it better in your overcome evidence. Just be thorough and give them everything they want. At least it doesn't sound like it was a very adversarial interview. Seems the VO just needs some clarification on the financials.

Good luck. :secret:

Scott, were you a theology student?

I was majoring in Bible with a minor in Greek. It wasn't a seminary school, they offered other degrees like; Psychology, Teaching degrees, Business, etc... But they raised their tuition from $16,000 to about $20,000 a year and I just couldn't afford it. I plan to finish with an IT degree from a school that is cheaper. It would be nice to finish the Bible degree though (Lord willing).

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

I am thinking that the VO saw that I am working for my dad (both jobs). He owns a pharmacy and a construction company. So maybe the VO thinks I am lying about it, but my W-2's and tax transcripts match. The VO wants me to explain my income. I think working for my dad has hurt our case, but it's really been the only way for me to get the time off of work to visit my QiQi. I sent letters, pay stubs, W-2's, 1040's, and tax transcripts to them. What more do you think I need to send ?!?!

I am thinking that the VO saw that I am working for my dad (both jobs). He owns a pharmacy and a construction company. So maybe the VO thinks I am lying about it, but my W-2's and tax transcripts match. The VO wants me to explain my income. I think working for my dad has hurt our case, but it's really been the only way for me to get the time off of work to visit my QiQi. I sent letters, pay stubs, W-2's, 1040's, and tax transcripts to them. What more do you think I need to send ?!?!

From your earlier post:

"Please Mr. xxxxx explain your income and current living condition. Please explain in a certified statement what you do for work now as well. Please have your parents write a certified statement and have it photographed with you and your parents explain that they will help support Qi".

I think you just need to do what they're asking. I think they want to see a written explanation in your words as to what the living arrangements are/will be and what you do for work. And have your parents write up a statement saying that they are willing to provide room and board for both you and Qi until your able to provide it for yourselves. And that you will be employed at your father's business until or if you find other employment. Keep in mind that the gov't just needs to be convinced that these things will happen. What goes on between you and your parents after she's here, becomes your business until AOS etc. :P

Then, they apparently want you all to stand together with this document and take a picture to show that you're all who you say you are and agree to what's in it. I could be wrong about that part, but if that's what the blue slip says, I'd just do that.

I don't think they want to see anymore stubs or tax forms. I think they just want the lliving and financial arrangements spelled out by both you and your parents. I don't recall others who've had sponsors being required to jump through these hoops, but they're holding the hoops so you might as well do the jumping.

Good luck.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I just found out that the same VO gave someone else a blue slip and told them to write a letter and take a pic of them holding it, so they wrote a letter and went back to the interview and got the same VO. This time the VO said the letter was too long and gave them a blue slip telling them to write a shorter letter. The third interview the VO was traveling so they got a different VO and they passed.

The VO isn't doing his/her job (I know more about the VO than what I am telling). The letter I sent with the "kitchen sink" had all the information in it that he/she wanted. They simply didn't read it and they are not giving us the "service" we paid them to do. What do I need to do to get them to do their job ?!

I know that life isn't fair, but this is just plain stupid. They are costing me extra money and a lot of time, but, more importantly, putting extra stress on 2 people that just want to spend their lives together. This site has been a real help to me, but I feel it can't really help us if the VO won't take a few minutes and just look through the paperwork. It's all there !!! Hire an attorney ? Get help from my Congressman ? .... ?

Hire an attorney? Get help from a Congressman?

Not yet ...

I know it's tough when you are the couple having the problem and it's easy to give advice ... but

Just give them what they want. Make explanations concise and unemotional. You guys should pass ...

"Ditto!"

just give what they ask for with a polite smile.....

Like the saying goes, 'you can't fight city hall'

Can't fire gov't workers. that's just the way it is.

Good luck

You will pass, give them what they want!