Sure, look at peoples time lines.

I am CR/1, you will see many k3 and k1 members with similar time lines.

My estimate is k1 is about 3-4 months faster than CR/1, k3 is about 1-3 months faster than cr/1.

Every time this comes up though, I encourage people to NOT make this decision based on visa times. 4 months is nothing compared to the rest of your life together.

Please focus on what is best for your relationship.

Nuture and love each other, enjoy the time preparing for each other.

My wife says I am like a little bird preparing the nest.

She even stops me from doing some things because she wants to do them together after she is here.

There is a post about this.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=29464&hl=

Ya, I've been noticing that too, but not really plot any graph.

I'm about finished with the prep work for the I-130, sending it in asap, but I thought to file a K-3 as well.

I keep reading somewhere here about a chap who did this (K-3), and did NOT abandon the CR-1; his wife came over to the USA for a few months, then went back to GUZ for the final CR-1 interview and processing. I think that might be a good thing as well, as it gives my wife time to get marginally adjusted, figger out what she needs to bring from China, and an opportunity to bring it back within 6 months of coming over.

Any of you guys have any sense or ideas about this?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I keep reading somewhere here about a chap who did this (K-3), and did NOT abandon the CR-1; his wife came over to the USA for a few months, then went back to GUZ for the final CR-1 interview and processing. I think that might be a good thing as well, as it gives my wife time to get marginally adjusted, figger out what she needs to bring from China, and an opportunity to bring it back within 6 months of coming over.

mikepellicore is the person who I remember doing this. His most recent post indicates the government seems to have lost his I-130 .. I didn't keep up with that thread, so I don't know if it was ultimately resolved.

I think don't do ANYTHING out of the ordinary. The INS seems to have enough trouble keeping up with the normal day-to-day processes, and if you step outside that flow, they get totally lost.

If you want to return home at some point later, just go. You don't need an excuse of the I-130.

My opinion is (always) go I-130, and don't bother with K3. The difference in time is really not that much, and hopefully then your done with the US government for a while.

What we plan to do is to buy open ended round trip tickets when we fly my wife and daughter from China to America.

This way when they want to visit China, they have their tickets ready, so cost doesn't become an issue.

We will just continue to buy round trip tickets every trip.

I know the money works out the same, or maybe a bit more because of the open ended tickets, but it feels comfortable (to me) to always have that ticket home in my pocket :ok:

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

mikepellicore is the person who I remember doing this. His most recent post indicates the government seems to have lost his I-130 .. I didn't keep up with that thread, so I don't know if it was ultimately resolved.

I think don't do ANYTHING out of the ordinary. The INS seems to have enough trouble keeping up with the normal day-to-day processes, and if you step outside that flow, they get totally lost.

If you want to return home at some point later, just go. You don't need an excuse of the I-130.

My opinion is (always) go I-130, and don't bother with K3. The difference in time is really not that much, and hopefully then your done with the US government for a while.

What we plan to do is to buy open ended round trip tickets when we fly my wife and daughter from China to America.

This way when they want to visit China, they have their tickets ready, so cost doesn't become an issue.

I know the money works out the same, or maybe a bit more because of the open ended tickets, but it feels comfortable (to me) to always have that ticket home in my pocket :eatyum:

The I-130 is forwarded to GUZ. The beneficiary who comes over on a K-3 then has the choice of adjusting status on the K-3 in the US, or going back to Guangzhou to interview for the CR-1 (I-130). I don't think the I-130 needs to come to the US, if AOS is filed for in the states.

In either case the K-3 is a multiple entry visa and may be used to go to China and come back to the US with or without the CR-1. The CR-1 would work the same way if you passed on the K-3.

Here's Mike's thread - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=377651

Reading his post again, it looks like he may have wanted to catch up to the I-130 in GUZ and interview for the CR-1. Hopefully, it showed up.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I know the money works out the same, or maybe a bit more because of the open ended tickets, but it feels comfortable (to me) to always have that ticket home in my pocket :)

The I-130 is forwarded to GUZ. The beneficiary who comes over on a K-3 then has the choice of adjusting status on the K-3 in the US, or going back to Guangzhou to interview for the CR-1 (I-130). I don't think the I-130 needs to come to the US, if AOS is filed for in the states.

In either case the K-3 is a multiple entry visa and may be used to go to China and come back to the US with or without the CR-1. The CR-1 would work the same way if you passed on the K-3.

Here's Mike's thread - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=377651

Reading his post again, it looks like he may have wanted to catch up to the I-130 in GUZ and interview for the CR-1. Hopefully, it showed up.

Hey Guys - thanks for the info, but I don't think it was Mike I was referring to. I'll dig around this weekend and try to find the fella that I was referring to.