GC in Hand, Finally

Well, it took 14 months, but the wife finally get her 2 year GC in the mail yesterday. Verified the name is spelled correctly. :eekout:

She is also very happy that we saved some $$s on EAD and AP. :blink: Good timing too since I am planning a trip to Seattle, now we can go to Vancover B.C. for some good chinese food. :sweating_buckets:

Our case was transferred to CSC during 1/07, biometrics during 2/07, heard nothing until last Tuesday when USCIS indicated they had sent the welcome letter, got the card in one week (with no notice about card production). In fact, she got both the welcome letter and the card on the same date.

Before we relax and enjoy our brief USCIS-free life until we file for removal of condition, is there anything that we should be doing now to prepare for the condition removal filing?

Good luck to all who are still waiting. It may take longer than what is reasonable, but it's still worth it.

Congratulations.

A few things you can do in preparation for filing the I-751:

1. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.
  2. Setup joint accounts, such as credit cards
  3. Car Titles in both names
  4. House title in both names
  5. Auto insurance for both of you
  6. Have her as beneficiary for Life Insurance, Retirement Accounts
  7. Health insurance coverage together
  8. Itinerary's of family vacation or travel showing both names for ticketing.

You got time for #1, it isn't required, but no harm in practicing. :lol:

Basically you need to build up additional proof you have built a life together. There will be friends or neighbors you will want to ask to help with an affidavit concerning your marriage.

:eyebrow: right on, LeeFisher :lol:

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and past help. Could not have done it without this forum. You guys are the best!!

Congratulations.

A few things you can do in preparation for filing the I-751:

#1. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.[/b]

You got time for #1, it isn't required, but no harm in practicing. :lol: