finding a job not easy

I have good news, my lao po starts work tomorrow at a big chinese catering hall/restaurant in Flushing Queens:). She wants to work and not wait for the flight attendant interview, since she feels this is a better choice for her now since her english is not so good, Also I got her to start ESL class for free at our local library starting last nite, but she say's that she wants to work and if she has no work during the ESL class she will go.So I thank everyone here for there support during this transition period for our family,::nonono:

NYTIMES - HEY ! Excellent NEWS!!! Let us know how she likes/handles the job ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have good news, my lao po starts work tomorrow at a big chinese catering hall/restaurant in Flushing Queens:). She wants to work and not wait for the flight attendant interview, since she feels this is a better choice for her now since her english is not so good, Also I got her to start ESL class for free at our local library starting last nite, but she say's that she wants to work and if she has no work during the ESL class she will go.So I thank everyone here for there support during this transition period for our family,::draw:

Great news!

I think it's an excellent idea to start in a job like that. There's no pressure to have perfect English right off the bat. She'll be able to communicate with others in her language while also improving her English skills at her own pace and making money at the same time. Ya gotta love that. ;)

We're thinking of doing the same.

Guest Mike and Lily

I have good news, my lao po starts work tomorrow at a big chinese catering hall/restaurant in Flushing Queens:). She wants to work and not wait for the flight attendant interview, since she feels this is a better choice for her now since her english is not so good, Also I got her to start ESL class for free at our local library starting last nite, but she say's that she wants to work and if she has no work during the ESL class she will go.So I thank everyone here for there support during this transition period for our family,::draw:

It's a sound decision while she continues to improve her English and investigates other opportunities. Good luck!