student visa's or internship info

Hellow People's,

I have a neice and nephew's in China, very bright (some PH-D canidates, some just starting college). Does anyone have any insights,tips or stories of how Chinese students connect with Universities or colleges to study here in the U.S on internships or some sort of student visa's?

I was thinking it may be an easier/more affordable route than just sponsering an individual to come over here. Although they would probably need a sponser anyhow.

I'm close to Chico State, Sacremento State, UC Davis all of which have large international programs for Asian students. I'm digging into that. Maybe the connection starts over there in China. It must be only the lucky ones.

Thanks --------Ben

Hellow People's,

I have a neice and nephew's in China, very bright (some PH-D canidates, some just starting college). Does anyone have any insights,tips or stories of how Chinese students connect with Universities or colleges to study here in the U.S on internships or some sort of student visa's?

I was thinking it may be an easier/more affordable route than just sponsering an individual to come over here. Although they would probably need a sponser anyhow.

I'm close to Chico State, Sacremento State, UC Davis all of which have large international programs for Asian students. I'm digging into that. Maybe the connection starts over there in China. It must be only the lucky ones.

Thanks --------Ben

Yes - have them talk to their counselor's in China. It sounds like you've already done some legwork at this end.

All they need to do is to get accepted at a sponsoring American university - I know someone who got a full scholarship, enough to cover the financial requirements and didn't need any other sponsor.