I-693 A and Hepatitis B

Today Sunshine and I went to a local civil surgeon who was willing to fill out the I-693A supplement form without the normal push to get a full physical for $25. It took plenty of calling around here in Phoenix. This is despite the information on page 4 of the I-485 instructions that says K-1's who have had their physical less than a year ago only need the supplement.

By the way, the I-693 A supplemental form can be found here:

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Sunshine had 2 of the 3 Hepatitis B injections in China, but the Civil Surgeon indicated that she needed all 3. Her 3rd injection has to occur at least 6 months after her 2nd, so is not due until this April. The doctor mentioned that he will check the box saying Hepatitis B is incomplete and mentioned we will have to return in April.

"Not true" said Sunshine.

The Civil Surgeon mentioned that they received the information as of January 1 of this year. Sunshine said many others she spoke with on 001 didn't need the Hepatitis B shot -- she has the other 3 injections that are required and did the Hep B series only for prevention.

Has anyone heard anything about this new requirement? Or was this a squeeze put on us by the civil surgeon to shake our pockets a bit more?

Edited by I love Sunshine (see edit history)

Keep in mind that our case is almost 4 years old but I don't think it has changed. My wife also got all of her required shots in China and there were some booster shots she was told she should get later. We didn't bother with them since everything was up to date when we filed. We had no problems what so ever.

Today Sunshine and I went to a local civil surgeon who was willing to fill out the I-693A supplement form without the normal push to get a full physical for $25. It took plenty of calling around here in Phoenix. This is despite the information on page 4 of the I-485 instructions that says K-1's who have had their physical less than a year ago only need the supplement.

By the way, the I-693 A supplemental form can be found here:

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Sunshine had 2 of the 3 Hepatitis B injections in China, but the Civil Surgeon indicated that she needed all 3. Her 3rd injection has to occur at least 6 months after her 2nd, so is not due until this April. The doctor mentioned that he will check the box saying Hepatitis B is incomplete and mentioned we will have to return in April.

"Not true" said Sunshine.

The Civil Surgeon mentioned that they received the information as of January 1 of this year. Sunshine said many others she spoke with on 001 didn't need the Hepatitis B shot -- she has the other 3 injections that are required and did the Hep B series only for prevention.

Has anyone heard anything about this new requirement? Or was this a squeeze put on us by the civil surgeon to shake our pockets a bit more?

I believe others have turned it in this way without any problem.

The medical center in China vaccinated Yu for:

• Mumps, Measles Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diptheria toxoids
  • Varicella

And this was all that the US C.S. required.