Hi All,

I've been on this forum a long time. I religiously monitor all topics even though I only post when I think I might help someone. It is a great forum for help and information.

I need some information on Chinese passport renewal for my step-daughter. I searched the net and all information refers to an expired passport. My daughters passport expires in May. We would like to renew it in March. My question is, is it possible to renew the passport before it is expired? I've received no return calls from the Consulate in SF. Thanks for any info.

Hi All,

I've been on this forum a long time. I religiously monitor all topics even though I only post when I think I might help someone. It is a great forum for help and information.

I need some information on Chinese passport renewal for my step-daughter. I searched the net and all information refers to an expired passport. My daughters passport expires in May. We would like to renew it in March. My question is, is it possible to renew the passport before it is expired? I've received no return calls from the Consulate in SF. Thanks for any info.

I have read that a PRC passport may be renewed when the passport is within 6 months of its expiration date. I think you can renew it at any time now.

I have found the SF PRC Consulate staff to be efficient. They processed my single status certificate in just three days last year, without an extra fee. Be sure to include the return express mail pre-posted envelope with your application.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Hi All,

'Within the 6 month expiration date' is accurate.

Now, as to no return phone calls - Hey - It's Chinese New Year - call again next week ?