Regarding the photo scrap book?

Hi everyone,

Just got a question of the photo scrap book size. I am right now making our photo scrap book for the evidence of relationship, but my scrap book seems to be a little big like the size of 12x12. I was told that the window of the interview is only allowed for A4 size document to be handed in. I am wondering whether there are any other ways to hand in my big scrapbook? I really want to take the scrap book, since I put a lot of effort into making it. Anybody could help and give some advice on it? Many thanks.

I just put our pics in plastic album filler pages that each hold 6 pics. 7 sheets, 42 pics in all. Punched holes in the top with a two-hole punch and fastened them together with an Acco fastener. That allowed for the VO to flip through them easily and, if needed, take them out to read the info on the back.

The VO only flipped through a few pages. So make sure you put your best ones including ones with her family etc., close to the front.

I just had our digital pictures printed, and we were just going to hand the envelope of pictures thru to them. We will remove all the irrelevant pictures of course.

I didn't think to write on the back, but my wife knows who is in all the pictures, so if he wants to ask he can.

Hi everyone,

Just got a question of the photo scrap book size. I am right now making our photo scrap book for the evidence of relationship, but my scrap book seems to be a little big like the size of 12x12. I was told that the window of the interview is only allowed for A4 size document to be handed in. I am wondering whether there are any other ways to hand in my big scrapbook? I really want to take the scrap book, since I put a lot of effort into making it. Anybody could help and give some advice on it? Many thanks.

Think of a bank window, where you would have to pass it under and through. The size isn't as important as the flexibility. By all means, definitely take the pages out of the album

Hi everyone,

Think of a bank window, where you would have to pass it under and through. The size isn't as important as the flexibility. By all means, definitely take the pages out of the album

Oh thanks a lot. It is a really good idea.

Hi everyone,

Doug and I registered for marriage certificate in Shenyang. I was born in LiaoNing province, too. =)

I just put our pics in plastic album filler pages that each hold 6 pics. 7 sheets, 42 pics in all. Punched holes in the top with a two-hole punch and fastened them together with an Acco fastener. That allowed for the VO to flip through them easily and, if needed, take them out to read the info on the back.

The VO only flipped through a few pages. So make sure you put your best ones including ones with her family etc., close to the front.

QUESTION: do the pictures need to have dates on them? We don't have the habit of turning the date function on our camera, as it blocks part of the picture. Will that make the pictures not evidential enough?

QUESTION: do the pictures need to have dates on them? We don't have the habit of turning the date function on our camera, as it blocks part of the picture. Will that make the pictures not evidential enough?

IMHO, Amy :ph34r: or Doug @~@

The photo book is the most important thing to prove the relationship during the interview and you should take your time to do it. I use a "presentation folder" for ours. The first page is the clear time line of us. Then I put each picture on a 8X11 paper that I created with photoshop to indicate the date, place and person's name in the picture, in the order of the date. I also put the supporting items related to the picture (receipts, credit card statement, ticket, boarding pass......) in the next page to the picture. You should indicate the date and the name of the persons of each picture. Really...

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

I just typed up the info; date,location,people in picture etc onto some 1X3 labels and stuck them on the back of the pics. Or you could just write in on there as well.

When we prepared for our interview 2 years ago, the going advice was that it didnt matter how it was organized for VO purposes, but what mattered more was that your SO could find whatever photo (or document) she needed quickly and easily.

What Jie did, was choose all the pics that had me in it with her, friends, family, etc. She would paste 2 or 3 pics on 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. She drew little hearts and smilies and whatnots around the pics to make it look personal and hand-wrote a few notes on each page with the time period and a brief description such as "Ken's 2nd trip to Shanghai Oct 2005, meeting my parents"

"Kens 3rd trip, Dec 2005, with me at Westlake in Hangzhou"

It was not the prettiest set up, but when finished it was easy to find, easy to pass through the window, and demonstrated she put time and effort into it.

We also had a black 3-ring binder with all our documents. On the cover of the binder, she pasted a 5-7 pic of the two of us. At the interview, she nonchalantly set the binder by the window in obvious view of the VO, so the VO would see the pic even before the interview started.

When we prepared for our interview 2 years ago, the going advice was that it didnt matter how it was organized for VO purposes, but what mattered more was that your SO could find whatever photo (or document) she needed quickly and easily.

What Jie did, was choose all the pics that had me in it with her, friends, family, etc. She would paste 2 or 3 pics on 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper. She drew little hearts and smilies and whatnots around the pics to make it look personal and hand-wrote a few notes on each page with the time period and a brief description such as "Ken's 2nd trip to Shanghai Oct 2005, meeting my parents"

"Kens 3rd trip, Dec 2005, with me at Westlake in Hangzhou"

It was not the prettiest set up, but when finished it was easy to find, easy to pass through the window, and demonstrated she put time and effort into it.

We also had a black 3-ring binder with all our documents. On the cover of the binder, she pasted a 5-7 pic of the two of us. At the interview, she nonchalantly set the binder by the window in obvious view of the VO, so the VO would see the pic even before the interview started.

I think these are good pointers Ken !! ;)

I doubt that those who are attempting visa fraud, think in such romantic ways, and would never think to use ¡°little hearts and smilies and whatnots¡± attached to their photos !! :)

Sounds like your Lao Po¡¯s interview went quite smooth, especially with her subterfuge in the placement of the one folder, close to the window¡­..smart woman !!! :D

I have supplied photos (ahead of time with our two petitions) and will have additional ones for Lao Po at interview time, all 8x11 photos, which I cranked out on my PC. They are easier to view and I just imprinted the info data, right on each photo, in an easy to read type face.

For the interview, I have placed them in flexible covered 1¡± binders, which will slip down and under the narrow slot at the interview window. With attendance at two ACH¡¯s, I scoped it all out, ahead of time !!! :lol: :D

Thanks, guys! Very useful and interesting ideas you're providing!

How big is 8x11? A4 paper size? How thick is the window slot? 1"?

I like Ameriken's idea, that's exactly what we did with our wedding sign-in book! We made a scrap book of our pictures and had our guests sign on the empty spaces. Romantic and thoughtful indeed! =D So if I go find a 1" thick scrap book and tape our pictures with written detailed dates, names, locations on them, it should be fine and able to pass through the window, right? BUT, I don't think I'm girly enough to draw little hearts and smilies... hahaha~

Gino - It's Amy. =) Good thing about me taking care of all these documents is that I will always be able to find whatever the VO asks for. haha~ I started saving receipts/tickets/boarding passes just lately, too. You're so detail-oriented~ ;-)

Thanks, guys! Very useful and interesting ideas you're providing!

How big is 8x11? A4 paper size? How thick is the window slot? 1"?

I like Ameriken's idea, that's exactly what we did with our wedding sign-in book! We made a scrap book of our pictures and had our guests sign on the empty spaces. Romantic and thoughtful indeed! =D So if I go find a 1" thick scrap book and tape our pictures with written detailed dates, names, locations on them, it should be fine and able to pass through the window, right? BUT, I don't think I'm girly enough to draw little hearts and smilies... hahaha~

Gino - It's Amy. =) Good thing about me taking care of all these documents is that I will always be able to find whatever the VO asks for. haha~ I started saving receipts/tickets/boarding passes just lately, too. You're so detail-oriented~ ;-)

Amy, I don't know what the alpha/numeric paper size code is for the standard 8.5x11 photo paper. However, I can assure you that 8.5x11 photo paper measures 8.5" wide and 11" long. :P

Next, I did not take my tape measure with me to the ACH's, but as I recall, the slot would most likely easily accept a 2" folder and maybe even slightly larger, if it were flexible. The slot is like a trough and dips down and back up, so if the item is too thick and not flexible to bend, it will not get past the window. BTW, they use a speaker/mic system for two-way speech between VO and beneficiary.

Amy, I am not sexist and mostly a very P/C guy; but since you raised the issue/question, I will answer you. IMHO, based on your personal photo within your profile page, you easily pass the 'girly' test for me !!! :happy2: :D

And yeh, Gino is very 'detail oriented'. He just has trouble comprehending that it is you and not your Lao Gong, who does the posting here !!! :cheering: :toot:

And yeh, Gino is very 'detail oriented'. He just has trouble comprehending that it is you and not your Lao Gong, who does the posting here !!! :cheering: :happy2:

I am trying to find things like =),@~@,^.^,.......... in the post then I know it's from Amy :toot:

Happy Chinese New Year

And yeh, Gino is very 'detail oriented'. He just has trouble comprehending that it is you and not your Lao Gong, who does the posting here !!! :cheering: :happy2:

I am trying to find things like =),@~@,^.^,.......... in the post then I know it's from Amy :P

Happy Chinese New Year

Gino, you are too much fun !!! :toot: :D

I look forward to that lunch, at the [finest] ethnic restaurant in San Francisco, after Lao Po arrives !!! ;)