has anyone gone through POE with a CR-1 visa after their 2nd wedding anniversary? If so how did they mark your passport and what was the procedure? I have talked to immigration officers at two airports (LAX and LAS) and they don't seem to understand any difference if you enter after you have passed your 2nd wedding anniversary on a CR-1. I want to find out, as not having to do AOS is immportant...Thanks

A few have posted this scenario, and the green-card that results is coded IR-1, and is the 10 year un-conditional card.

It is recommended to show the POE officer the marriage cert to show that 2 years of marriage has occurred before entering the USA.

has anyone gone through POE with a CR-1 visa after their 2nd wedding anniversary? If so how did they mark your passport and what was the procedure? I have talked to immigration officers at two airports (LAX and LAS) and they don't seem to understand any difference if you enter after you have passed your 2nd wedding anniversary on a CR-1. I want to find out, as not having to do AOS is immportant...Thanks

I would like to find someone who has actually gone through the POE with a CR-1 after 2 years of marriage.

I would like to find someone who has actually gone through the POE with a CR-1 after 2 years of marriage.

You may have to do some searching, but I remember a member clearly stating that they did enter the USA with CR visa after 2nd wedding anniversary and did get the un-conditional LPR card. This post was posted last summer some time.

Some searching resulted in this.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=144474

There are more posts like this.

You may have to do some searching, but I remember a member clearly stating that they did enter the USA with CR visa after 2nd wedding anniversary and did get the un-conditional LPR card. This post was posted last summer some time.

Thanks, I will search some more. This link they were issued IR-1 in GZ not at POE>

Thanks for all of the help here. I found someone that entered at LA on a CR-1 visa after their 2nd anniversary and their passport was coded IR-1. Their green card came conditional and they wrote immigration and told them of the mistake and it was corrected to unconditional

This is what the INS POE Inspector's Manual says:

14.6 Conditional Residents.

Admission procedures for conditional immigrants (based on spouse or investment) are discussed in 8 CFR 235.11. Procedures are generally the same as for other immigrants, but in spouse cases, if the marriage upon which the visa is issued occurred more than 2 years prior to the date of admission, you must admit the alien unconditionally, regardless of the visa symbol on the immigrant visa. Conversely, if you encounter an immigrant visa classified as unconditional, where the qualifying marriage accurred less than 2 years before the date of admission, you must admit the immigrant conditionally.

Admission procedures for conditional immigrants (based on spouse or investment) are discussed in 8 CFR 235.11. Procedures are generally the same as for other immigrants, but in spouse cases, if the marriage upon which the visa is issued occurred more than 2 years prior to the date of admission, you must admit the alien unconditionally, regardless of the visa symbol on the immigrant visa. Conversely, if you encounter an immigrant visa classified as unconditional, where the qualifying marriage accurred less than 2 years before the date of admission, you must admit the immigrant conditionally.

Looks like you found your answer. :unsure:

And no, the visa itself doesn't enter that picture. That is, you get the 10 year (after 2 yrs of marriage) card regardless of what it says on the visa

Thanks for your help. You are correct, the symbol on the visa has nothing to do with a conditional or unconditional green card. After 2 years of marriage at admission=unconditional. Less than 2 years of marriage at admission=conditional.

Looks like you found your answer. :lol:

Yes, Thanks to all of you. I feel better now