Hi all, I'm new to this process and have just discovered this amazing plethora of information. I'm quite nervous as this is my first post on CFL. I'm wondering if me, a college student living at home and commuting (due to cost of living on campus as opposed to home), will have a negative impact on the K-1 process.

My fiance and I are both young (20) and I still live at home to help negate some of the extreme costs of college. I commute to school everyday and I'm planning on moving into an apartment near my university in about a year from now.

Will this have a negative impact on my fiance's petition?

Thank you all for your time.

Ricky

Hi all, I'm new to this process and have just discovered this amazing plethora of information. I'm quite nervous as this is my first post on CFL. I'm wondering if me, a college student living at home and commuting (due to cost of living on campus as opposed to home), will have a negative impact on the K-1 process.

My fiance and I are both young (20) and I still live at home to help negate some of the extreme costs of college. I commute to school everyday and I'm planning on moving into an apartment near my university in about a year from now.

Will this have a negative impact on my fiance's petition?

Thank you all for your time.

Ricky

Well let me say welcome to CFL! This place is great, alot of good people and information here.

There are many people more knowledgable than I, and I'm sure they can give you better information but here's my opionion.

I don't think living at home with your parents is a big deal. I think in your situation being in college, where you might run into the problem is meeting the 125% poverty guidelines.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Good luck!

Living at home is not a problem at all.

When sponsoring your fiancee, you as the petitioner need to supply an I-134 and you can use a parent as Co-sponsor and they will supply an I-134 for the visa.