visitors visa

Let me clarify this a little further: NO !!! :D

Not possible.

Before or after filing the application, if she is currently in the PRC.

In a word, "NO"

Hi Losfer1,

Yes it is possible to get a Tourist Visa, contrary to what others has mentioned here.

My SO from China applied and was granted a 1 year unlimited entry visa to the US. She did all the leg work herself, and it seemed like a straight forward process. She downloaded the forms, completed them, got a few documents together and then made the appointment. The VO asked a few questions such how we met (online) why she wanted a visa ( to visit BF & my family ) and it was over and a visa was granted. I was surprised, based upon what I read here over the years.

She has been here and plans on returning. I can tell you that it adds a whole new perspective on a relationship that enhances it greatly. My family knows her personally and they have an established a relationship with her, she has experienced my life and she had the opportunity to confirm for herself my world and personal character.

Most important for us in her getting a Visa, it strengthens our relationship, because we both know she does not need me to get to the USA, because she can come here anytime she wants.

Note: I have used an alias here because I (and she) wish to keep personal information about us private, I hope you can understand. But I wanted to give you and anyone else a little hope that it is possible sometimes to get a visitor visa for your SO.

Best Wishes to you,

I, of course, cannot speak for Randy and all the others; however, I will go on the record as stating, I am very happy for you !!

Sometimes, even with all of our months and years of collective history and slugging it out in the trenches here at CFL; we just get it wrong !!! :D

Let me clarify this a little further: NO !!! :D

Not possible.

In a word, "NO"

Hi Losfer1,

Yes it is possible to get a Tourist Visa, contrary to what others has mentioned here.

My SO from China applied and was granted a 1 year unlimited entry visa to the US. She did all the leg work herself, and it seemed like a straight forward process. She downloaded the forms, completed them, got a few documents together and then made the appointment. The VO asked a few questions such how we met (online) why she wanted a visa ( to visit BF & my family ) and it was over and a visa was granted. I was surprised, based upon what I read here over the years.

She has been here and plans on returning. I can tell you that it adds a whole new perspective on a relationship that enhances it greatly. My family knows her personally and they have an established a relationship with her, she has experienced my life and she had the opportunity to confirm for herself my world and personal character.

Most important for us in her getting a Visa, it strengthens our relationship, because we both know she does not need me to get to the USA, because she can come here anytime she wants.

Note: I have used an alias here because I (and she) wish to keep personal information about us private, I hope you can understand. But I wanted to give you and anyone else a little hope that it is possible sometimes to get a visitor visa for your SO.

Best Wishes to you,

I, of course, cannot speak for Randy and all the others; however, I will go on the record as stating, I am very happy for you !!

Sometimes, even with all of our months and years of collective history and slugging it out in the trenches here at CFL; we just get it wrong !!! :ph34r:

There are always exceptions to every rule. :) I am glad to see at least one here got decent treatment in this.

Hi Losfer1,

Best Wishes to you,

Many Chinese come here every year on tourist, business, and student visas. A very few to almost none have overlapped that with a family visa application. What are the details of hers? Have you applied for K-1 or K-3 or CR-1?

There are always exceptions to every rule.

Although there is no publish rule, it is understood to be very difficult at best... as Randy's pointing out, compounded with other status or intentions make it more difficult.

But as is often the case, we don't know the whole story... like, did a 'friend' help, etc... if one did, we probably would never hear about it anyway...

Let me clarify this a little further: NO !!! :ph34r:

Not possible.

In a word, "NO"

Hi Losfer1,

Best Wishes to you,