My fiancee K1 interview.

plau

Little late now but she shouldn't have shown her papers to any of the vultures hanging around the consulate. There are some good lawyers in Guangzhou. Here is a link to a consulate provided list of lawyers in south China. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/le...outh_china.html

One lawyer there is a member of this site, King (Peter Paget). He is expensive but he does know the inner workings of the consulate.

:lol: How typical for us in immigration, and, OF our beloved American Consulate that sees what, 200-250 or many more, people looking to immigrate each day....of the 14 lawyers listed in Guangzhou by our dear American friends at the consulate, only FOUR of the ones they list make mention of immigration...so buddy there's 4 to pick from.

Now, if you need a maritime lawyer, the pickin' are much better. Maybe you can just ship her over.

tsap seui

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King's info isn't in that link I don't believe. Here it is.

Global Visa Consulting Center

Tian Yu Garden (II phase)

136-146 Lin He Zhong Lu,

Tian He District, Guangzhou

020 3885 3168

Some here think he is too expensive. All I can say is he helped me once as just another CFL member with some information and phone numbers when my wife got the blue slip.

Here is a link to a thread in links and resources on the topic of lawyers in GZ.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ic=9030&hl=

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Now, if you need a maritime lawyer, the pickin' are much better. Maybe you can just ship her over.

tsap seui

I think that was done quite alot in the past :D :D

I am thankful to all of you who took the time to read and responded to my small case. Also thankful for all the directions. There are many angles we look at it and so created different solutions I need to experience as time goes on. As my desires has gone too deep not to sideline it despite difficulties along the way.

Some of your comments are very much truth regarding the unexpected treatments from the consulate staff. But I believe there are always some goodness in them. As reported, there are thousands of various visa applicants every month and likely 100 to 200 plus interviews any given day at each location, only a handful will be approved and big smiles on the way out.

My intention is have my fiancee look up your referred attorney in GZ or nearest to her hometown. If that turn not too good, I will just get my butt over there for the marriage thing and apply for a spouse visa, with a good attorney of course. A longer process plus more expenses so it will be for one's real commitment. Unfortunately for my part, funds are limited but a little more hard work and proper preparing will help.

sincerely,

plau.

Very positive outlook and plan of action plau. The American government only beats ya down, if YOU let them.

Best of luck to you and your soon to be wife.

tsap seui

Guest Rob & Jin

I am thankful to all of you who took the time to read and responded to my small case. Also thankful for all the directions. There are many angles we look at it and so created different solutions I need to experience as time goes on. As my desires has gone too deep not to sideline it despite difficulties along the way.

Some of your comments are very much truth regarding the unexpected treatments from the consulate staff. But I believe there are always some goodness in them. As reported, there are thousands of various visa applicants every month and likely 100 to 200 plus interviews any given day at each location, only a handful will be approved and big smiles on the way out.

My intention is have my fiancee look up your referred attorney in GZ or nearest to her hometown. If that turn not too good, I will just get my butt over there for the marriage thing and apply for a spouse visa, with a good attorney of course. A longer process plus more expenses so it will be for one's real commitment. Unfortunately for my part, funds are limited but a little more hard work and proper preparing will help.

sincerely,

plau.

Chiltern knows all you need to know on this, listen to him, hes living it too unfortunately.

sincerely,

plau.

That's the ticket. Good luck to you plau. :roller:

Be careful about just going over and getting married. It throws other problems in with it. Try to resolve the K-1 first. Above all keep the petition in GZ and deal with it there. Don't screw around and let it get sent back to the states. You don't have a lot of time to dilly dally around. My most sincere advice to you is to get a lawyer quick.

Be careful about just going over and getting married. It throws other problems in with it. Try to resolve the K-1 first. Above all keep the petition in GZ and deal with it there. Don't screw around and let it get sent back to the states. You don't have a lot of time to dilly dally around. My most sincere advice to you is to get a lawyer quick.

Question about getting a immigration attorney, should I or she get one in GZ area while her documents are still there? Now it's barely a week since the denial. Does GZ attorneys has better access since they are closer and familar with the system. Attorneys in US are farther away and may take longer time to communicate.

As mentioned, I layed out 2 plans. One to resolve the denial note soon while it is still stuck in GZ. If that fails, then get married. Unfortunately it's a test of patience for me.

It's not about letting the consulate staff beating us around, some of us knows that that's nothing can be done while waiting and hoping for a successful visa process. The choice is not ours at this moment, except to seek attorney help or one is lucky enough to be associated with higher goverment officer.

warm regards,

plau.

Question about getting a immigration attorney, should I or she get one in GZ area while her documents are still there? Now it's barely a week since the denial. Does GZ attorneys has better access since they are closer and familar with the system. Attorneys in US are farther away and may take longer time to communicate.

As mentioned, I layed out 2 plans. One to resolve the denial note soon while it is still stuck in GZ. If that fails, then get married. Unfortunately it's a test of patience for me.

It's not about letting the consulate staff beating us around, some of us knows that that's nothing can be done while waiting and hoping for a successful visa process. The choice is not ours at this moment, except to seek attorney help or one is lucky enough to be associated with higher goverment officer.

warm regards,

plau.

Yes, get a lawyer in GZ immediately. Your fiancee should go to GZ and visit the four Immigration lawyers on the website as cited above plus the gentleman identified by Carl. She will have to judge who really seems like they can get the job done. A competent GZ immigration lawyer should be able to get the visa application held at the consulate, find out specifically why they are currently recommending denial (don't assume anything here), and determine what further evidence will cause GZ to reassess and grant the visa.

Good luck! Please let us know what happens.

warm regards,

plau.

Yes, get a lawyer in GZ immediately. Your fiancee should go to GZ and visit the four Immigration lawyers on the website as cited above plus the gentleman identified by Carl. She will have to judge who really seems like they can get the job done. A competent GZ immigration lawyer should be able to get the visa application held at the consulate, find out specifically why they are currently recommending denial (don't assume anything here), and determine what further evidence will cause GZ to reassess and grant the visa.

Hi All,

I am back again at your request on updating my resolution. My fiancee did discuss the situation with your most recommended attorney in GZ. According to the attorney, one of the possible denial reason is our pictures taken together were insufficent - they want more photos of us taken in public areas like resorts and known landmarks. Seems that photos of us in a little village and houses did not cut it. There are doubts about me appearing much younger in the photos than my written age in the application statements. Strange but true.

The attorney ask for non-refundable 4K RMB deposit to start the case (resolving K-1 denial), about 25K when it is resolved in about 1-3 months. That roughly will cut me around US$4K for attorney fees alone. Also mentioned that K-3 visa will be less expensive but takes longer time should I want to go that way, meaning cancelling my K1 application. Attorneys and lawyers will put more efforts to forward your case for success, while applying direct are bound to fail for the majority of us, the way I see it. US immigation/visa dept handles tons of various applications and short staffed, so any one us can be just sidelined or even ignored. Attorneys and any related busineses closely assocciated with the consulate have better chance of putting your foot in their acceptable zone. So is the truth we will understand.

This are the latest info to date for me to share which I hope future visa applicants will take note, whichever way is helpful for CFL members. More will be posted later.

Take care,

plau.

warm regards,

plau.

Hi All,

I am back again at your request on updating my resolution. My fiancee did discuss the situation with your most recommended attorney in GZ. According to the attorney, one of the possible denial reason is our pictures taken together were insufficent - they want more photos of us taken in public areas like resorts and known landmarks. Seems that photos of us in a little village and houses did not cut it. There are doubts about me appearing much younger in the photos than my written age in the application statements. Strange but true.

The attorney ask for non-refundable 4K RMB deposit to start the case (resolving K-1 denial), about 25K when it is resolved in about 1-3 months. That roughly will cut me around US$4K for attorney fees alone. Also mentioned that K-3 visa will be less expensive but takes longer time should I want to go that way, meaning cancelling my K1 application. Attorneys and lawyers will put more efforts to forward your case for success, while applying direct are bound to fail for the majority of us, the way I see it. US immigation/visa dept handles tons of various applications and short staffed, so any one us can be just sidelined or even ignored. Attorneys and any related busineses closely assocciated with the consulate have better chance of putting your foot in their acceptable zone. So is the truth we will understand.

This are the latest info to date for me to share which I hope future visa applicants will take note, whichever way is helpful for CFL members. More will be posted later.

Take care,

plau.

Pardon this post if my question has been already answered and I missed it.

In your OP, you mentioned that one of the first charges the VO made was that the application was made in July, and you said you applied in Jan 07. Was there any further discussion with the attorney about the disparity in the dates? I am a little confused about that issue.

warm regards,

plau.

Hi All,

Take care,

plau.

Pardon this post if my question has been already answered and I missed it.

In your OP, you mentioned that one of the first charges the VO made was that the application was made in July, and you said you applied in Jan 07. Was there any further discussion with the attorney about the disparity in the dates? I am a little confused about that issue.

I am just as confused and somewhat lost as you but I look forward to revolve it. My OP about the VO statements is what I heard repeatly from my fiancee. My Jan 07 submission for K1 is accurate.

So far these are the info I gathered at this moment, since I last phoned her on whatever time available between us. I remember her attorney said the consulate use many opening methods in their visa interviews, though no proper reason given why. I do know she is honest and never applied before, she even doubt about applying for some else. I felt it is not the time to challenge their so accused statements as I now see a positive chance to reapply w/o further difficulties or have attorney directions to handle accordingly.

Will have good updates as this case goes on, this is just the beginging stage of resolving it. I will phone the GZ attorney later for more clarification. Such are the unexpectations for us few that petition for alien spouse/fiancee/relatives but it's the path we choose.

still open for more suggestions.