Application Type: I485

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Is this a good thing and does this mean we are almost finished in this long process?

Thanks,

Ben and XueYing

It will remain like that until the adjudicating officer assigned to it at CSC approves it or decides an interview is required.

Approval can take weeks, months, or even YEARS, depending on FBI name checks. All the time no status update.

Guest Mike and Lily

Makes sense, thank you for all your valuable information always appreciated.

There's been no action on ours. No notice of the case being transferred either. But we did have our AP approved yesterday. I hope the EAD comes soon.

What is AP?

Advanced Parole. She will be able to travel outside the country and can still return to the USA.

Good point. NYTIMES if you don't know, a K-1 holder CANNOT leave the country unless they have AP document in hand (File I-131) or the green-card in hand.

I applied for the I-131 as well, so does this mean if and when we receive the GC , the I -131 is included as part of the GC and also the EAD is included as part of the GC? Do we need a separate statement from USCIS that says the EAD and I-131 has been approved, if we get the green card first?

I applied for the I-131 as well, so does this mean if and when we receive the GC , the I -131 is included as part of the GC and also the EAD is included as part of the GC? Do we need a separate statement from USCIS that says the EAD and I-131 has been approved, if we get the green card first?

Depends on what is approved first. If EAD and/or AP, you will get notice and AP doc, and/or EAD card.

IF AOS is approved first, the AP and/or EAD will be denied due to the fact that the green-card trumps the EAD and AP.

Also if you get green-card after getting EAD and/or AP, you can discard EAD and AP, they are no longer valid.

I just wish we could first obtain the EAD card, since my lao po is anxious to start working, but if we get the green card first it seems like the wait might be longer down the road rather than just getting the EAD card first. Anyhow would like to hear your thoughts on what I just wrote would be great!

Thank you,

I just wish we could first obtain the EAD card, since my lao po is anxious to start working, but if we get the green card first it seems like the wait might be longer down the road rather than just getting the EAD card first. Anyhow would like to hear your thoughts on what I just wrote would be great!

Thank you,

In our case we filed for AOS last May before the rate hike, when it was ala carte (AOS FEE, EAD FEE, AP FEE) so we just filed the I-485 for just AOS to save some $$, four months later we had the green-card.

Either way Green-Card or EAD card you can take a job.

Depends, my wife has been stuck on this for close to a year now. :o

Good luck to you.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Is this a good thing and does this mean we are almost finished in this long process?

Thanks,

Ben and XueYing