213A, I didnt submitt with 1040's, why co sponsor

I didn't know the rules. I subbmited I-134without 1040. Now SO says need a cosponsor, and they wont reevaluate or refile my with tax forms, but of course I need all three years . She is to submitt overcome Jan 15. also got Residence petitioners ex SSN, etc, and Correspondence, both boxes, and Statement, petitioners. Were both kinds new at this! Why can't I just resmitt?

I didn't know the rules. I subbmited I-134without 1040. Now SO says need a cosponsor, and they wont reevaluate or refile my with tax forms, but of course I need all three years . She is to submitt overcome Jan 15. also got Residence petitioners ex SSN, etc, and Correspondence, both boxes, and Statement, petitioners. Were both kinds new at this! Why can't I just resmitt?

If your blue slip requests specific evidence, submit what is asked for.

If not, what does it say?

Your probably not in China.. but here's a case where I'd go to ACH and show them your financials and ask if this is ok to submit...

But would need to hear what income you make (percentage relative to 125% is fine) and if your job is permanent, full-time. We usually recommend an employer letter since this is more convincing than even taxes, but the three of them together is the normal preparation.

If it were me, and I clearly made much more than 125% on stable, full-time employment, then I would be re-submit my own I-134, employer letter, and taxes for three years; plus the other stuff which is not uncommon but means they are questioning some aspect and want residency, statements, etc...

If you prefer to stick to their requests, get a joint-sponsor; once you do the AOS in the US, you can submit the financials and not use a joint-sponsor.

Your probably not in China.. but here's a case where I'd go to ACH and show them your financials and ask if this is ok to submit...

But would need to hear what income you make (percentage relative to 125% is fine) and if your job is permanent, full-time. We usually recommend an employer letter since this is more convincing than even taxes, but the three of them together is the normal preparation.

If it were me, and I clearly made much more than 125% on stable, full-time employment, then I would be re-submit my own I-134, employer letter, and taxes for three years; plus the other stuff which is not uncommon but means they are questioning some aspect and want residency, statements, etc...

If you prefer to stick to their requests, get a joint-sponsor; once you do the AOS in the US, you can submit the financials and not use a joint-sponsor.

I emailed the GUZ consulate at the 5 to 7 day to reply site, 7 to 8 days ago and no reply yet

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your problem. For Guijin and me it was a matter of sending w-2's from last year to supplement the copies sent by the IRS. My Yang suggested these papers be sent and he was right.

Also, during the interview Guijin was asked two different times "Are you a member of the communist party" Luckily we rehearsed-- "NO".

The VO looked through 100 pictures in an album 2 times and paused

at our chinese family and me together.

The VO asked the colr of my eyes and she got a PINK SLIP. 2 days later at China Post and the K1 Visa was there. She is now in Key West Florida and will be married in 4 days.

Keep trying it will work out.

Best

Jay and Jin

the instruction f

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your problem. For Guijin and me it was a matter of sending w-2's from last year to supplement the copies sent by the IRS. My Yang suggested these papers be sent and he was right.

Also, during the interview Guijin was asked two different times "Are you a member of the communist party" Luckily we rehearsed-- "NO".

The VO asked the colr of my eyes and she got a PINK SLIP. 2 days later at China Post and the K1 Visa was there. She is now in Key West Florida and will be married in 4 days.

Best

Jay and Jin

The instruction for the form say to supply "in duplicate" all evediance. Does that mean that now that the VO asked for 1040's 2004 to 2006, those should be in duplicate also?

the instruction f

Best

Jay and Jin

The instruction for the form say to supply "in duplicate" all evediance. Does that mean that now that the VO asked for 1040's 2004 to 2006, those should be in duplicate also?

Evidence that goes with the I-134 such as employment letter, tax returns and W-2's is always to be provided with 2 copies of each. As I recall this is specified in the instructions for the form.

I didn't know the rules. Ignorance is no excuse. The instructons were clearly stated in the P3 that she received.

I subbmited I-134without 1040.This is allowed as it is the VO's final say what is acceptable, however it was not the smart thing to do, as the instructions are quite clear on what is suggested to submit.

Now SO says need a cosponsor. Ok, get one.

they wont reevaluate or refile my with tax forms. It is the VO's choice now what to ask for, you had your chance.

but of course I need all three years. Not sure why you need 3 years if they won't accept yours now, but it is wise to do what they ask of you at this point of time.

She is to submitt overcome Jan 15. That means you better get hustling on things.

also got Residence petitioners ex SSN. Get it.

etc. Did the blue slip really say "etc", or is this your wording, as this is not very clear?

and Correspondence. This can mean letters, emails, chats, and phone calls, hopefully you saved all this.

both boxes. Again you are not being clear, what does "both boxes" mean?

and Statement. Write a handwritten statement of your evolution together, sign and date it, and probably a good idea to get it notarized too.

petitioners. Again you are not clear here. I can only guess you mean the petitioners statement, as you put a comma before petitioners and make this seem a different request.

Were both kinds new at this! We are all are when we start, but you must have been together for at least a year from first talking to interview at this point of time, so you can't use that as an excuse now. You have had at least a year to study and learn what you needed to do and provide.

Why can't I just resmitt? Because that is the rules. You had your chance to give it your very best, now you must follow the VO's directions exactly, no more and no less.

Forgive me for being so blunt and forward with you here, but it is for your own good. If you can not make yourself crystal clear here for us to read, I can tell you right now that the VO will not go easy on you at your overcome if you submit and prepare in the same style as you write/post. If you need help or are not sure, just ask.

Think of this (your postings just now) as your final practice run, and from now on each and every word and sentence you write from this point forward must be concise and perfect.

You don't have much time to gather a rather large amount of paperwork and get it posted to her before she needs to leave her home for the appointment. If you need or want help on this overcome, just ask, but be percise in what you ask for your own sake.

Again, I am sorry for being blunt, but in this case I feel it is in your best interest (help wise). Look at all the different answers you just got from seasoned vets, just because you were not clear in your posting and words. Don't go away pissed as we are more than willing to help you out.

Best advice I can give you now to start this, is to post a scan of the blue slip you received, front and back. Do this now, ASAP, you don't have much time before her appointment. We can then easily tell you exactly what you will need to do to complete this overcome in the best possible way.

Then with a little luck, some red incense, pink underwear, and a mega bag of cheetos, you should then get pinked out on Jan 17th when you pick up.

You got the ball now. :drunk:

[/quote]

I agree with Mike.

I had the same thoughts as I read your posts. You really need to be more precise and make yourself more clear, not only here, but in your submissions to GUZ. As Mike suggests, this is a good place to start practicing this. GUZ will NOT spend as much time trying to decipher what you mean as the folks here. I"m also sorry to be blunt, but as Mike said, you don't have a whole lot of time to get this right.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the tough love!

Posted blue sheet and attached sheets in Gallery, page 25, thebrennan6.

Reply from GUZ came today and is below:

Dear Mr. xxxx,

Please follow the instructions listed on your fianc閑's blue sheet

(OF-194) and its attachment(s) and provide us with your new I-134 and

three years tax returns. Along with these, you may also submit your deed

for real estate as a supporting document. The interviewing officer will

make a final decision on your fianc閑's case after reviewing the

submissions.

Please NOTE that the original blue sheet and its attachment(s) must

follow the submissions.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

I interpret that to mean send a cosponsor 1-134.

I am concerned with how to answer question 9 on I-134 which reads "I have previously submitted affidavits(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state none."

I interpret that to mean I should name YYYZZZ for the one that GUZ determined did not meet the requirments of 213A. I am unsure how to answer "date submitted". I could use either the date on the cover letter I supplied with the original 1-134, or the date of the interview at GUZ. Guz could want the date they recieved and/or attached it to the case which is unknown to me.

I read on one web site that there should be 2 notarized originals of the Form I-134. Is there anyone here that has any comments on this?

I need to list 4 persons on question 8 of Form 1-134, "persons dependent upon me for support". The form has spaces for only three. I need the proper proceedure for attaching extension pages to the form. I have viewed it at a website before, but don't remeber which one.

Thanks

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I just looked at all the blue slip/attachments... and they requested quite a bit, but it's actually not uncommon stuff.

I see three areas they want:

1) financials - asking for co-sponsor and statement from co-sponsor

2) petitioner's ex info - that's your ex-spouse info;

3) Relationship statements of how you meet, etc

When was your divorce relative to first meeting your SO?

What is your age difference?

What is your income level, in terms of the % to 125%?

The only thing that surprises me is the request for a co-sponsor unless they felt you didn't show enough.. but your email says that you can submit a deed; this would be a moot point of you were required to have a co-sponsor, so I don't read the email as pertaining to the co-sponsor, but I also don't know exactly what you asked them in the email...

RE: Previous submitted; NONE... keep your ONE case as ONE ongoing issue with them...

RE: Notarized copies: You should have maybe three notarized.. since you should have a complete duplicate of anything submitted.

RE: listing persons on I-134: I'm confused why you ask this; you already prepared and submitted one before, how did you do that last time? But you can write in the space, "see attachment XYZ" and then on the attachment name it as XYZ, your SOs name, GUZ number, date,etc. at top.

Here is the text from my emailing to GUZ

Consulate General,

The interviewing officer checked on the green sheet under the heading

Sponsors "Your petitioner does not meet the requirements of Section

213A. Return with 1 original signed, and notarized affidavit of support

I-134 from a credible cosponsor". I did not submit my prior 3 years

federal tax returns or the deed for real estate with my original I-134. Can

I submit those documents and have them attached to my original I-134

affidavit of support submitted October 26, 2007, or submit a new I-134

and have the consulate officer reevaluate compliance with requirements

of Section 213A? YYYYZZZZ thought the reason my 1-134 did not meet

the requirements of 213A was because of the omission of these documents,

but was unclear of the officers requirement for a cosponsor if I

submitted the tax returns and deed.

signed: XXXXX

Answer to your first three questions:

1. Met SO while I was still married

2. Age difference is 25 years

3. % income to poverty level is 189%

I have a 20 year old child that was not a dependent when I filled out the I-134 3 months ago, but was claimed on my 2006 taxes.

Thanks

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

ok... here's how I interpret the email response to your email:

1) Submit a new I-134 with three years taxes and your house deed info.

2) Submit a co-sponsor as well (ie: follow the instructions).

Since the VO answering the email maybe does not want to trump the interview VOs request, he may be saying submit both and then let the VO decide if yours is enough.

maybe they added your son into the mix seeing him on some form (although you didn't put him as a dependent on the I-134).

Also confused by your post where you said you need to state four dependents? If the son is not a dependent anymore, then there are just two (you and SO)?

I think I saw you visited three times... which should be of some help and you have pics of each visit... but they are asking for the relationship info.

So you have to clearly spell the circumstances of how/when you meet and the evolution of the relationship, etc. It's clear this kind of request is more common and something obviously triggers it now (as opposed to a few years ago)... maybe those with a divorce or the timing of the divorce or in combination with other issues...

You can look at this link and go to the Blue Slip tab:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/CFL...lines_Final.htm

You'll see people who were denied and asked for relationship info... so this can be overcome...

Just an FYI ... meeting your intended while still technically married to your now ex, is not grounds for denial. You merely must be eligible to marry (ie divorced) at the time of filing.

I agree from a strictly 'technically' point of view... You can meet 100 ladies within 2 years of filing, while married, and as long as you have a final divorce prior to filing, your eligible...

the problem will be whether the given VO on any given day feels that all the ducks are not in a row on the case...

I can understand the denial on some level... but doesn't mean I agree with it.