DCF Question

Hi. I read on a CFL forum that you cannot apply for a K3 visa directly at the consulate, does anyone know if this is up-to-date information? My husband and I are living in Lhasa, we're filing his I-130 in January at the Chengdu consulate. There's a question near the signature box on the I-130 that asks the applicant to check a box regarding what the application is in connection with, naturalization, permanent resident, other (K3 or CR1 visa). We've been married since April 2007. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

I'll post more information on the process from Lhasa TAR (office phone numbers, impressions, etc) and the Chengdu consulate once we file. I want to make sure I'm putting accurate information up! Thanks again for all the help, we really appreciate it.

If you scroll down at this link, you'll get to our DCF FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

-----

You cannot file a I-129F/K3 directly to the US Consulate in China... you would have to file that to the USCIS in the US, but it makes no sense compared to filing the I-130/CR1 (which is the fastest method of filing any visa).

As long as your husband has residency permit and/or a work visa, you should be able to file directly to the consulate... see the FAQ for more details.

Thank you for the information, David. I thought I posted in the DCF thread but I guess I'm still new at all this! My husband's Tibetan, I'm American. The consulate in Chengdu said that because I have been living here for 6 continuous months, that we could file directly with the consulate. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I appreciate the information and your quick response. Thanks again.

If you scroll down at this link, you'll get to our DCF FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

-----

You cannot file a I-129F/K3 directly to the US Consulate in China... you would have to file that to the USCIS in the US, but it makes no sense compared to filing the I-130/CR1 (which is the fastest method of filing any visa).

As long as your husband has residency permit and/or a work visa, you should be able to file directly to the consulate... see the FAQ for more details.