With all the changes going on I am not sure how much my wife should pay. Does anyone know the current fee she must pay for her visa fee for her (K3) and her daughter (K4)?

I believe she must pay for these before going for the physicals as they will ask for the receipts for them at that time.

Am I correct?

I think we only pay $100 for each visa....but when we AOS then I pay the $1020....am I correct about this?

thanks

Hi, my timeline is about the same as yours, I got my P2 on Oct. 26 and NVC sent to GUZ on Nov. 16. How come your P3 only took about 1 MONTH to arrive?!!! And your P4 has already arrive as well?!!! DOS is still telling me that my papers are stuck at the custom!!!

HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks tons~

I feel for you. I had gone through my Senator (although she was of little help) but when I went in person and asked the Consulate for an expedite because of my wife's high risk pregancy,they were very understanding and helped. My timeline is unusual and I was very fortunate to have an understanding ear at the consulate.

Yes, customs can keep them perhaps 3 months. I hope you get through customs faster. By the end of Feb you should have your P3. Best of luck to you.

Visa fee is $100 each for K-3, and K-4.

AOS is different, You pay $1010 for K-3 and if you did not file an I-130 for the K-4 you will need to file an I-130 and pay $355 for the K-4 as well as $600+($80 Biometrics) for the K-4's AOS if K-4 is under age 14. (Every thing is filed together to USCIS Chicago address in same envelope)

I always say stick to the CR-1 / IR-1 visa process instead of the K-3/K-4, the USCIS fees to adjust status are horrible!

USCIS Fee Schedule: http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/G-1055.pdf

I did pay for the I-130 for both. So I only pay $1010 for each? Does this get them work permits and the ability to get SSAN's? Also, since our daughter will stay until August when her high school class is over will I be able to get her I-130 (CR2) processed and upgraded from her K-4? She has not put it in her passport and will not until school is out in August. But the NVC has not sent me a fee bill for either aproved I-130, although my wife's CR1 is mute as she will be her on her K3 soon.

USCIS is now holding approved I-130s per new policy for all K-3/4 petitions because the majority of K-3/4s were electing to adjust status in the USA instead of counselor processing. In order to get them to bump the I-130 for the K-4 on to NVC you will need to file I-824 and pay a fee ($340).

Read: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

USCIS will continue to forward approved Form I-129F (K-3) petitions to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing. However, it will retain approved Form I-130 petitions, based upon a mutual agreement with the Department of State. USCIS will retain all approved Forms I-130 for retrieval upon the beneficiary¡¯s eventual application for adjustment of status (Form I-485), unless the petitioner clearly indicates on Form I-130 that the beneficiary will use the consular process. USCIS will store approved Form I-130 petitions at its National Record Center (NRC).

USCIS has implemented this process change because most K-3 beneficiaries apply for lawful permanent residence by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, following their arrival in the United States, as opposed to using their approved Form I-130 petition to apply for an immigrant visa abroad. By retaining the approved Form I-130 petition at the NRC, USCIS will reduce unnecessary file movement and eliminate applicable costs and fees associated with immigrant visa processing.

If the beneficiary should later elect to consular process instead of applying for adjustment of status, Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, must be filed with the USCIS office that approved Form I-130. Upon favorable action on Form I-824, USCIS will send Form I-130 to the NVC.

You file I-765 along with I-485 when adjusting status to get EAD (Work permit) there is no extra fee when you file the I-765 with the I-485 using code (c )(9 ) "Pending I-485"

Visa fee is $100 each for K-3, and K-4.

AOS is different, You pay $1010 for K-3 and if you did not file an I-130 for the K-4 you will need to file an I-130 and pay $355 for the K-4 as well as $600+($80 Biometrics) for the K-4's AOS if K-4 is under age 14. (Every thing is filed together to USCIS Chicago address in same envelope)

I always say stick to the CR-1 / IR-1 visa process instead of the K-3/K-4, the USCIS fees to adjust status are horrible!

USCIS Fee Schedule: http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/G-1055.pdf

I did pay for the I-130 for both. So I only pay $1010 for each? Does this get them work permits and the ability to get SSAN's? Also, since our daughter will stay until August when her high school class is over will I be able to get her I-130 (CR2) processed and upgraded from her K-4? She has not put it in her passport and will not until school is out in August. But the NVC has not sent me a fee bill for either aproved I-130, although my wife's CR1 is mute as she will be her on her K3 soon.

USCIS is now holding approved I-130s per new policy for all K-3/4 petitions because the majority of K-3/4s were electing to adjust status in the USA instead of counselor processing. In order to get them to bump the I-130 for the K-4 on to NVC you will need to file I-824 and pay a fee ($340).

Read: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

USCIS will continue to forward approved Form I-129F (K-3) petitions to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing. However, it will retain approved Form I-130 petitions, based upon a mutual agreement with the Department of State. USCIS will retain all approved Forms I-130 for retrieval upon the beneficiary¡¯s eventual application for adjustment of status (Form I-485), unless the petitioner clearly indicates on Form I-130 that the beneficiary will use the consular process. USCIS will store approved Form I-130 petitions at its National Record Center (NRC).

USCIS has implemented this process change because most K-3 beneficiaries apply for lawful permanent residence by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, following their arrival in the United States, as opposed to using their approved Form I-130 petition to apply for an immigrant visa abroad. By retaining the approved Form I-130 petition at the NRC, USCIS will reduce unnecessary file movement and eliminate applicable costs and fees associated with immigrant visa processing.

If the beneficiary should later elect to consular process instead of applying for adjustment of status, Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, must be filed with the USCIS office that approved Form I-130. Upon favorable action on Form I-824, USCIS will send Form I-130 to the NVC.

You file I-765 along with I-485 when adjusting status to get EAD (Work permit) there is no extra fee when you file the I-765 with the I-485 using code (c )(9 ) "Pending I-485"

Thanks for the info. I wish the NVC was up on this. When I called them in early November, they told me to save my money that the USCIS sends all the approved petitions to them. I told them I had approved I-129F, and I-130's. But they instisted I did not need to send in the I-824. I now wish I got the name of the official I spoke with.

The question is it will cost $340 for the I-824, then the NVC sends a fee bill, I think $485 and then the consulate charges $300 for their fee. This is over $1100 as well. I made an appointment to go to INFOPASS next week. I am not sure if I can still get my daughter's I-130 moving if her mother enters the US on her K3 Visa. Or another way of looking at it , can her daughter get her CR2 without her mother getting her CR1? I figured that since our daughter will stay in China the next year, why not have her Visa keep on moving...the CR2? If I do nothing, her daughter will not be here until Aug or Dec 08 and then we need to wait for the AOS paperwork/timeline. The cost is about the same, so why not try to get her CR2 moving? What do you think?