Just did something incredibly stupid!!!

Last night I was up very late finishing assembly of the I-485 package for my wife. When reading the filing address in the I-485 Instructions, I wrote down the Nebraska Service Center's address when it was supposed to be the Lockbox address in Chicago. I mailed it out today at lunch-time, but felt funny about it all day as though something wasn't right, so I came home and verified my gut feeling. Can someone please tell me what is going to happen with this now? I'm afraid I'm going to have to start this all over again. :flowers_and_kisses:

Edited by Beermann (see edit history)

Last night I was up very late finishing assembly of the I-485 package for my wife. When reading the filing address in the I-485 Instructions, I wrote down the Nebraska Service Center's address when it was supposed to be the Lockbox address in Chicago. I mailed it out today at lunch-time, but felt funny about it all day as though something wasn't right, so I came home and verified my gut feeling. Can someone please tell me what is going to happen with this now? I'm afraid I'm going to have to start this all over again. :(

So, I have to wait 3 months for them to realize it shouldn't be there and send it back to me? OMG! What if her I-94 expires before they send it back to me? Did they alter the package or just keep it the way it was, including the sealed medical envelope? I really wish there was a way to intercept the mail and have it returned. :( This just sucks!!

Last night I was up very late finishing assembly of the I-485 package for my wife. When reading the filing address in the I-485 Instructions, I wrote down the Nebraska Service Center's address when it was supposed to be the Lockbox address in Chicago. I mailed it out today at lunch-time, but felt funny about it all day as though something wasn't right, so I came home and verified my gut feeling. Can someone please tell me what is going to happen with this now? I'm afraid I'm going to have to start this all over again. :(

So, I have to wait 3 months for them to realize it shouldn't be there and send it back to me? OMG! What if her I-94 expires before they send it back to me? Did they alter the package or just keep it the way it was, including the sealed medical envelope? I really wish there was a way to intercept the mail and have it returned. :( This just sucks!!

Good to see you return, Beerman. Even though it could have been in a more upbeat circumstance. :vava:

Don't beat yourself up too much. At least you've got her by your side and they can't take that away. ;)