question on the I-129

hi,

i sent in my I-130 in sept. still no NOA1,it is now sitting in Chicago lockbox (i hope).and on the USCIS i looked under the Chicago lockbox,it says...TPS...current. what file is the TPS? anyway i am so frustrated,i went on the Visa Journey site,and alot of people in the same boat as me,in fact there are people on there,says they sent in their I-130 in august,still have not recieved their NOA1.....and alot of them are saying they are sending in their I-129 before getting their NOA1...and the funny thing they are getting their NOA1 for their I-129 two weeks later.First i am not understanding this,why is the I-130 taken a lifetime to process and the I-129 getting processed right away?.second ,can i do this? (sending in my I-129,before recieving NOA1).I am reluctant to even consider it,just the fact i think it will really screw up my situation even more.and third,don't i need the recepit number to send in my I-129? :)

hi,

i sent in my I-130 in sept. still no NOA1,it is now sitting in Chicago lockbox (i hope).and on the USCIS i looked under the Chicago lockbox,it says...TPS...current. what file is the TPS? anyway i am so frustrated,i went on the Visa Journey site,and alot of people in the same boat as me,in fact there are people on there,says they sent in their I-130 in august,still have not recieved their NOA1.....and alot of them are saying they are sending in their I-129 before getting their NOA1...and the funny thing they are getting their NOA1 for their I-129 two weeks later.First i am not understanding this,why is the I-130 taken a lifetime to process and the I-129 getting processed right away?.second ,can i do this? (sending in my I-129,before recieving NOA1).I am reluctant to even consider it,just the fact i think it will really screw up my situation even more.and third,don't i need the recepit number to send in my I-129? :)

OK, here is the deal, as experienced by me and member marks1957.

Back in late May and early June, there was a computer glitch at the CSC and the NOA-1 receipts were running very late (so what else is new, huh !!) Each of us had spoken to VO¡¯s at the CSC who told us we could use the WAC on the back of our cancelled checks, along with photo copies of the check front/back which most banks can provide even online, as proof/evidence of fees paid.

After I had my WAC#, I went online and set up my USCIS Portfolio account and then also printed out that info with my WAC #¡¯s (I had two I-130 case files) and mailed this and the photo copies of the cancelled checks, all in with my I-129F package. I added this info to my table of contents and also included a short memo/letter which highlighted the WAC #'s and explained my action due to the delays in receiving the NOA-1.

Both myself and Mark, had absolutely no problem with this and both of our I-129F files were accepted and processed immediately. As it was, I am glad I did this, because the I-130 NOA-1 did not show up for another 2 to 3 weeks later. So, in effect, I sped up the then dysfunctional system and created a short-cut to bypass what was the current issue/problem of the day.

There are many numbers on the back of the cancelled check. The last one which starts with WAC and followed by 10 numerals, is the correct one: Example WAC 07XXXXXXXX.

Again, this is direct experience from two of us here who faced the same dilemma, just a few months back. ;)

You may want to hold on to the I-129F, once I-130 makes NOA2, processing the CR-1 takes only a few months longer than K-3, and has the benefit of getting green-card upon entry. K-3 has the added ($1010) pain of adjustment of status, and having to wait for EAD to work and do other things requiring legal presence evidence.

You may want to hold on to the I-129F, once I-130 makes NOA2, processing the CR-1 takes only a few months longer than K-3, and has the benefit of getting green-card upon entry. K-3 has the added ($1010) pain of adjustment of status, and having to wait for EAD to work and do other things requiring legal presence evidence.

i hear what you are saying,but waiting a few more months longer doesn't sound like much fun.It will be a while before my Ying ying will go to work anyways,she speaks very little english,she is learning,but it will take some time.

i hear what you are saying,but waiting a few more months longer doesn't sound like much fun.It will be a while before my Ying ying will go to work anyways,she speaks very little english,she is learning,but it will take some time.

Me too.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)