DS-230 question

I am working on gathering all the appropriate forms for the DS-230.

The cover sheet has a place for [petitioners name].

Given that most Chinese names are Familyname Givenname will the cover sheet from VSC say:

1) This letter contains instructions for processing the immigrant visa case of Familyname Givenname.

2) This letter contains instructions for processing the immigrant visa case of Givenname Familyname.

I presume #2 because the forms are entered into the computer as Lastname: Familyname and Firstname: Givenname. Since the computer printing the coversheet has no concept of cultural differences if will simply print [Firstname] [Lastname].

Can anyone verify which way this is printed?

Unless I am reading you wrong, YOU are always the petitioner. Family name = last name. Given name = first name.

Yes sorry "Applicants name".

Also, I can't use opinions of what should be, or upper case/bold ideas.

I am replicating the DS-230 cover sheet to mail in.

It must match what they will (eventually) mail out.

I was looking for someone who had gone through the I-130 process with NVC, and knew what and how NVC would print the cover sheet.

I think its a good guess they will print firstname lastname given it is a US agency, but someone who had seen the cover sheet would be nice insurance.

A little more detail...

I am traveling to China at about the same time NVC will mail me the ds-230 package.

I have all the forms and documentation complete with signatures, ready to mail (except the cover sheet of course).

I would like to leave it all packaged up with a friend so that I can call them from China and say "Please mail it for me". This would get the package to NVC almost a month before I can return from China.

I am tempted to just mail it before I leave with an explanation that I am out of the country for a month, I know they will be requesting this package.. please accept it if it arrives a little early.

Unless I am reading you wrong, YOU are always the petitioner. Family name = last name. Given name = first name.

Yes sorry "Applicants name".

Also, I can't use opinions of what should be, or upper case/bold ideas.

I am replicating the DS-230 cover sheet to mail in.

It must match what they will (eventually) mail out.

I was looking for someone who had gone through the I-130 process with NVC, and knew what and how NVC would print the cover sheet.

I think its a good guess they will print firstname lastname given it is a US agency, but someone who had seen the cover sheet would be nice insurance.

A little more detail...

I am traveling to China at about the same time NVC will mail me the ds-230 package.

I have all the forms and documentation complete with signatures, ready to mail (except the cover sheet of course).

I would like to leave it all packaged up with a friend so that I can call them from China and say "Please mail it for me". This would get the package to NVC almost a month before I can return from China.

I am tempted to just mail it before I leave with an explanation that I am out of the country for a month, I know they will be requesting this package.. please accept it if it arrives a little early.

Yikes! you need that coversheet. just leave pack w/friend. if possible, get on webcam so you see and have him attach this barcoded cover sheet. when you see this sheet, you will glad you did.

12/13 to Guz, I do not even think mine will be sent by then :) :)