What's up with USCIS???

My three month anniversary of filing I-129F came and went three days ago and I'm still waiting. Although it is said each case is unique, I'm prepared for a 4-5 month draw out waiting.

My 3 month anniversary ( i 129f) came and went on November 10, 2007. According to the revised processing times ( dated 11-14-07) on the uscis.gov website, the California Processing Center is now working on I-129F 's recieved on April 29, 2007. This means that I can expect P2 to arrive on approximately february 24th +/- a week or two. This means that 4-5 more months is unlikely, but, barring any RFE's, the total time for P1 to P2 will be around 6.5 months. My fiance and I are absolutely grinding this time period out with a mixture of emotions that include helplessless, anger, frustration, and upset...with some excitement also because we will be together again ( 4th trip in less then 12 months ) the week after Ch NY. Nobody likes this interminable waiting...we try to find the gift in the waiting every day, hard as it sometimes is.

My suggestion is that you not rely on the USCIS projections, but look at what is actually happening. The one place that I know of where you can do that is on VJ. If I were you, I would project roughly 150 days from your filing date to NOA-2, and roughly 130 days from receipt date to NOA-2.

I hope it goes quickly for you.

Yes TL, you are correct !!

I am still away (all of November) in China with my Lao Po and our daughter, and am using a hotel PC for the first time and just saw on the USCIS page that my NOA-2 posted on Nov. 6th, 144 days from issuance of the NOA-1. This was very close to your waiting time, I believe ??

I hope this info gives encouragement to those of you who are in this same time frame and are still patiently waiting as the rest of us have to do. :D

BTW, both the I-130 for CR-1/CR-2 and the I-129F for K-3/K-4, were combined together with NOA-2's issued on the same day. I think mine took a little longer as they had the multiple packages to review and reconcile, vs. a straight K-1 filing.

I have all the forms downloaded and filled out prior to our P-3 and Lao Po will send the GUZ form and the DOS form in to the Consulate as soon as I receive the GUZ #.

With a little loss of time for the Thanksgiving Day holiday, I anticipate my file will transmit to GUZ from the NVC, sometime this next week, based on similar filings and the VJ timeline.

This is only the second time in my life I have celebrated both my brithday and Thanksgiving Day outside of the USA......the last time was when I was on active duty in the Navy.

Best wishes, to all my friends at CFL, from beautiful, sunny and not too warm/humid, downtown Guangzhou !! :D I will return to the US on the 2nd.

Congrats on the P2 Roger :P It is a great time to be in GZ now.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic