K1 and G-325A

I heard about this site from a gentleman I met in the Guangzhou consulate office a few weeks ago. I was just beginning this process, and hopefully he was just ending his!

I am back in the US now and in the process of beginning this journey to bring my sweetheart to the States. The 129F form seems straightforward enough. But, it appears that the G325A needs accompany it. Here is where i have some questions.

1- As to my residence history, I spent a number of years both in Taiwan and Mainland China. I remember my Taiwanese address, but don't remember all of the Beijing address. Just the general area I lived. I am wondering how complete that Beijing address needs to be, I was there from 02-04.

2- Her information includes where her parents were born. She is not completely sure about this from the official point of view, as records and processes have been changed over the years and of course during the cultural revolution some records got lost and changed. So, while she knows from her family history and where they came from, from the government's point of view, she is not sure what information they have.

3- What makes this a bit complicated is she can not ask her parents about this directly. Having lived for a number of years in China, I realize the importance of family, and with having connections to the extended family, sadly in my case this foreigner is not going to be accepted by her parents. To my good fortune her sisters do realize that I have real feelings for their sister, and we have their support.

Unfortunately, the parents will not know about the depth of feelings and commitment to each other, until after the marriage. Neither of us like this situation, but there you have it. This does bring up the question of whether or not her parents will be interviewed in the process of the background check. If so, then we are going to need to rethink our strategy with them.

One last question on the 325A, it requires her signature, is there a way to do this electronically? Or do I have to send the papers to her, have her sign them and then return them to me?

Finally, this 325A (which I downloaded from VJ) appears to be 4 pages of the same form. Does this mean we each need to fill it out in quadruplicate? Or, we each fill out a page and leave two pages blank?

Thanks in advance for you help with this.

Michael

I heard about this site from a gentleman I met in the Guangzhou consulate office a few weeks ago. I was just beginning this process, and hopefully he was just ending his!

I am back in the US now and in the process of beginning this journey to bring my sweetheart to the States. The 129F form seems straightforward enough. But, it appears that the G325A needs accompany it. Here is where i have some questions.

1- As to my residence history, I spent a number of years both in Taiwan and Mainland China. I remember my Taiwanese address, but don't remember all of the Beijing address. Just the general area I lived. I am wondering how complete that Beijing address needs to be, I was there from 02-04.

*I don't think you need to be too detailed on this form. Just try to remember the address the best you can to put on the form. I think you'll be okay. I remember generalizing on this form and never had any trouble with it.

2- Her information includes where her parents were born. She is not completely sure about this from the official point of view, as records and processes have been changed over the years and of course during the cultural revolution some records got lost and changed. So, while she knows from her family history and where they came from, from the government's point of view, she is not sure what information they have.

*Again, just generalization can be used but do try to get the information as close as possible. The best that you can get it, the better off you'll be.

3- What makes this a bit complicated is she can not ask her parents about this directly. Having lived for a number of years in China, I realize the importance of family, and with having connections to the extended family, sadly in my case this foreigner is not going to be accepted by her parents. To my good fortune her sisters do realize that I have real feelings for their sister, and we have their support.

Unfortunately, the parents will not know about the depth of feelings and commitment to each other, until after the marriage. Neither of us like this situation, but there you have it. This does bring up the question of whether or not her parents will be interviewed in the process of the background check. If so, then we are going to need to rethink our strategy with them.

*Her parents will not be interviewed unless the consulate thinks there is a reason to do so. Of all the cases I've seen, only one (1) can I ever recall that the parents were interviewed and I'm not really sure about that since what I recall was a long time ago. Although a possibility, I feel that it is a very minute possibilty at best.

One last question on the 325A, it requires her signature, is there a way to do this electronically? Or do I have to send the papers to her, have her sign them and then return them to me?

*I never heard of electronically signing one or even if this would be accepted by the consulate but it sounds plausible. Work it out with your fiancee on getting her signature on the form. That's the best I can tell you.

Finally, this 325A (which I downloaded from VJ) appears to be 4 pages of the same form. Does this mean we each need to fill it out in quadruplicate? Or, we each fill out a page and leave two pages blank?

*Both of you need to fill one out in quadruplicate. With today's technology, it is simple. Go to the USCIS website and fill it out. It is form-fillable. Type one and four will print.

Thanks in advance for you help with this.

Michael

*-Good Luck

tywy_99

Thanks for the comments and information. As you know, when beginning this process, it is almost like learning a new language.

I ended up finding my old Beijing address. Now I know why i could not remember it. I never received mail there! I always got my mail from the medical school where I was studying. So, I will just use that address.

thanks again

take care

Michael

Hi Michael, write the information as complete as you can. In later filings you will have the chance to add more details. I filled out he G-325A and sent it to her, i think electronicly. maybe i scaned it, or maybe i found a version that i could save. I had the full version acrobat on my machine. She printed it, signed it and mailed it along with a hand written note giving her intent to marry me.

It was nice to see you at consulate, i hope this process moves smoothly and fast for you. Everyone on this site is great and can help you a lot with the steps. Even now with Ping coming, still many more steps to complete.