my wifes daughter

In May I brought my wife here from China, But she has missed her daughter very much So we have been talking about bringing her here. I have writen to the many emails to the US immigations, but every time I get a reply that they have recieved so many letter they can not answer them all right now. A

nd to consider this their reply, Thats not answer. What Can I do, who do I talk to. She is unmarried almost 21. I am putting her threw school now she has 1 more year. We would like to start the paper work to get her here.

Thank you Keke

Contact the consulate (by letter or email) and tell them you wish to activate the K-2 follow-to-join case. Gather the paperwork together for a P-3 equivalent, and submit. Be aggressive about contacting them for an interview date.

IF she is almost 21, she will definitely need to enter the US and apply for AOS before she turns 21. If she turns 21 before the AOS interview, the USCIS may deny it on that basis - they have been inconsistent on this, and there are several court cases pending over this issue.

follow to join

Contact the consulate (by letter or email) and tell them you wish to activate the K-2 follow-to-join case. Gather the paperwork together for a P-3 equivalent, and submit. Be aggressive about contacting them for an interview date.

IF she is almost 21, she will definitely need to enter the US and apply for AOS before she turns 21. If she turns 21 before the AOS interview, the USCIS may deny it on that basis - they have been inconsistent on this, and there are several court cases pending over this issue.

follow to join

Is that the US consulate in China or the US

follow to join

Guangzhou

follow to join

My wife arrived here under a CR1 program Will the K-3 apply to her daughter. ANd Pleas tell me what is the AOS. Do I need the CR2?

My wife arrived here under a CR1 program Will the K-3 apply to her daughter. ANd Pleas tell me what is the AOS. Do I need the CR2?

Oh - never mind! I think her mother (not you) needs to file an I-130, assuming she was over 18 when you were married.

If you file BEFORE she becomes 21, the wait is 5 years. If you file AFTER she's 21, the wait becomes 10 years. Visa bulletin

The K-4 follow-to-join (ONLY if your wife got a K-3) would be a little trickier, since your wife would still have to file an I-130, but still could be done (again, ONLY if your wife got a K-3)

follow to join

Your wife needs to file the I-130 for her daughter. That's about all she can do or all that can be done. File it soon!

follow to join

Your wife needs to file the I-130 for her daughter. That's about all she can do or all that can be done. File it soon!

my wife just got the 2 years green card will that matter

It is possible for her to expidite the I-130 by becoming a US Citizen, she can applie 3 years from the Resident Since date listed on the Green Card. Then her daughter becomes the daughter of a US Citizen and the processing jumps ahead without waiting.

How Do I Bring My Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States?

Yes - she cannot file the I-130 without it.

:D OH!~ my sister's!~ Please tall me how can I do that? I have no idea. Can we talk in chinese on the phone? My phone number is ###-###-####. Thank you!~

Phone number removed - LeeFisher3

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

Yes - she cannot file the I-130 without it.

:harhar1: OH!~ my sister's!~ Please tall me how can I do that? I have no idea. Can we talk in chinese on the phone? My phone number is ###-###-####. Thank you!~

Sorry!~~ I don't know that. :victory:. never again!~

:o OH!~ my sister's!~ Please tall me how can I do that? I have no idea. Can we talk in chinese on the phone? My phone number is ###-###-####. Thank you!~

Sorry!~~ I don't know that. :o. never again!~

No worries, sending your phone number using a PM(personal message) is much safer. :)