Which box should I have my wife sign the DS3032? Appointing me as her agent and sending the form to me, or no agent but to send the forms to her in China? The NVC has just gotten our case (I-130)

I am going to China 8 Dec and can take the DS3032 and DS230 there for her to sign. I can have them mail the IV Fee Bill to me in the states.

Any Ideas?

Which box should I have my wife sign the DS3032? Appointing me as her agent and sending the form to me, or no agent but to send the forms to her in China? The NVC has just gotten our case (I-130)

I am going to China 8 Dec and can take the DS3032 and DS230 there for her to sign. I can have them mail the IV Fee Bill to me in the states.

Any Ideas?

Check the box making you the agent and mail it back to the NVC.

Any Ideas?

thanks

It looks like they will ask for the I-864 and a fee to process it. I thought this is turned in at the interview??? I want to get a head start and fill out/print and get signed all that I can so my wife can sign where needed when I am in China next month..I may just leave the dates off them...if you know what I mean...and only apply then when I am about to mail them out....what do you think?

Any Ideas?

thanks

It looks like they will ask for the I-864 and a fee to process it. I thought this is turned in at the interview??? I want to get a head start and fill out/print and get signed all that I can so my wife can sign where needed when I am in China next month..I may just leave the dates off them...if you know what I mean...and only apply then when I am about to mail them out....what do you think?

Good idea. Date your forms last before mailing.

I don't think it's changed in the mailing process but you will get the I-864 fee bill first and then after payment, they will mail the I-864 to you, which a barcode sheet is included that needs to be mailed back with the form. Follow the instructions and you'll be just fine.

After sending the I-864 back to the NVC, in about a month, you will receive the immigration fee bill and after that's paid, you'll receive the applicant package containing the DS-230 about another month later.

Be careful about trying to get a "head start" on the forms because barcode sheets are involved. There is a link somewhere here and on VJ that circuments all this but I don't recommend it. Haste makes waste, I always say. Just be patient with the system. All will come to pass in due time.

Some consulates do take the I-864 at time of interview and some don't. The US consulate in GZ doesn't. The NVC does all the adjudication before sending the petition to GZ.

Everything should work fine for you. Just take your time and do it right.

-good luck