Medical records left in China

The medical records were in the Brown envelope that was turned into the officer at POE, USCIS has them, you only need to get vaccinations transfered to a supplement, or if you dont have vaccination records, you will need to get vaccinations done and transfered to a supplement.

When in Guangzhou my Yu got the vaccinations done after the interview, and the medical center gave her a yellow book showing what she got, we took this book to a US Civil surgeon in the USA and had the I-693A supplement filled out.

I-485 Directions. (Applies to K-3/4 also)

8. Fianc¨¦(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fianc¨¦(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the non immigrant fianc¨¦(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

When you do go to a Civil Surgeon, DON'T LET THEM TRY TO DO A FULL MEDICAL many of them try to trick you into the medical when you only need just the supplement, bring the I-485 directions with you so that you can point at the paragraph stating this.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf (Supplement)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Because if i go to a civil surgeon they have no proof that vaccinations were done in China and would charge more money to redo them.

You need the little yellow international Vaccination book. The civil surgeon will transvribe from this record only. Otherwise, yes you will have to redo them.

Because if i go to a civil surgeon they have no proof that vaccinations were done in China and would charge more money to redo them.

Get the vaccinations done by your family doctor, or county health department which ever is less.

Yu did not have any vaccination records so we had them re-done in Guangzhou before leaving China.

Vaccinations are NOT required for K-Visas, so wont be in the medical records provided to the consulate, and wont be in the brown envelope.

This is why a supplement needs to be done state side for all K-Visa holders.

Don't have the civil surgeon do the vaccinations you will pay big $$ if you do, just have the C.S. do the supplement based on the records given to you by county health dept or your family doctor.

Minimum requirements are:

# Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)

# Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

# Varicella

Randy,

Is it a waste of time to have the Medical Center in GZ email me the records?

Thanks,

They should have filled out the Yellow Book for her, and might still be able to do that, but it might be simpler to get them done here.

The medical center probably wont have vaccination records unless you provided them from before visiting GUZ, or had vaccinations done and paid extra for them there, but in that case they would have given you a yellow international vaccinations book. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

So let me fully understand, vaccinations were not required for K1 but many people will get them done in China before they come to USA because it is cheaper?

It's an impossibility for the Medical Center in GZ to email you anything.

Vaccinations are indeed required for K1. It's just that some people have waited until the AOS interview for the IO to request for it. Most people have submitted their vaccination with their original AOS filings.

So let me fully understand, vaccinations were not required for K1 but many people will get them done in China before they come to USA because it is cheaper?

It's an impossibility for the Medical Center in GZ to email you anything.

Vaccinations are indeed required for K1. It's just that some people have waited until the AOS interview for the IO to request for it. Most people have submitted their vaccination with their original AOS filings.

Vaccinations are not a requirement for NON-Immigrant visas, K-Visas are NON-Immigrant.

The vaccinations are a requirement for Immigrants, that is CR-1/IR-1, and they are required when adjusting status from NON-Immigrant to Immigrant in the USA.

We had the required vaccinations done in China AFTER getting the Visa, they were cheep in China.