What documents should SO bring over

She is coming over 10/31 on her K-1 visa and I want to be sure we get whatever we might need in China if she has not already got it in prep for the SSN application and AOS later

So far besides the I-94 we get when we arrive at the POE she just needs

*Birth Certificate and verbatim (wordfor word) certified translation

Anything else ? Does she really need the birth certificate since she had to show for the Visa?

She is coming over 10/31 on her K-1 visa and I want to be sure we get whatever we might need in China if she has not already got it in prep for the SSN application and AOS later

Anything else ? Does she really need the birth certificate since she had to show for the Visa?

Make sure she brings at least three (3) translated copies of her birth certificate. The same with any divorce certificates if applicable.

She will need her birth certificate for AOS and just to have additional copies available in the future for anything else that may come up that requires a birth certificate.

-good luck

One thing that affected us was my Fiance's immunization record. With all the other priorities I did not give it a thought thinking it would come from the Consulate Physical (or magic or something).

While they (fiance and daughter) had NO immunization information, all turned out fine, but it was a bit of scrambling with titre (blood) tests and vacination series - all leading up to the 693a...

Edited by LarryC (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

She has some medical records she brought over in a envelope that sealed(not the one we gave immigration).

Is it ok to open this ?

Yes, if vaccination record it needs to be transfered to a supplement (I-693A) by a US Civil-Surgeon, insist on supplement only, and show the Surgeon Form I-485 directions and point to paragraph the clearly indicates K-1/2 holders need only supplement done, this applies also to K-3/4 visas, the directions are from before there was a K-3/4 visa.

My Yu had her vaccinations done after visa interview and before coming to the USA, she got a yellow book showing the vaccinations, we brought the book to a US Civil Surgeon for transfer to the supplement.

Yes Birth Cert is in the I-485 directions. USCIS only needs photo copies of all evidence (I-94, birth-cert, marriage cert, etc..)