I am not rich

I explained things before hand to my wife. But later we found out her translator lied (to both of us) about my finances. When I went over to visit her, I tried to explain, but she just ignored it. I had limited finances when I was there, but this didn't seem to ring any bells. I told her I rented an apartment, that I didn't own a house. I even sent photos. But somehow her translator convinced her I had a house.

We have had some tough times due to the translator problems. But also I think all Chinese women think American men are rich beyond their wildest dream. My wife expects a new diamond ring, an Omega watch ($2200), a new house, and gifts for every USA holiday.

I have put my monthly expenses on paper, trying to explain it to her. It hasn't worked. "American husband buy everything for Chinese wife" - is what I hear constantly.

Also I am having trouble with Chinese wives on websites giving my wife advice. Most often they are misinformed because their husbands take care of it. They explain it to my wife wrong, causing us grief and during our application process, wrong information in our applications that had to be re-done.

I am also having problems with Chinese wives bragging about how much their husband gives them and buys them. Sorry but I can't afford all these things and it is hurting our marriage to the point of possible divorce. Women, shut your mouths, if you don't completely know what is going on, don't give advice. Also don't brag to your friends how much you are given - this has been the biggest problem in our marriage. She wants what all the "rich" wives get. Sorry I'm not rich.

Now I am trying to convince her of the need for health insurance, but other Chinese women have told her she doesn't need it - when in actuality, beside for the insurance, we need it for proof in our 10 year green card application. She keeps saying her friends said they don't need it - I'm fairly sure these are from women who are covered under their husbands insurance policy and don't realize it. Husbands please educate your wives before they completely ruin my marriage.

Ron if you met your wife in 2004 and are still experiencing these problems then something isn't right. I hate to say this but I just had too. I hope you get this worked out soon.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our biggest problem is she believes everything she gets from 001.

She will not believe me over the things she reads and the people she talks to on 001.

We have had countless arguments over this to no avail.

She is dead set on the idea that no American tells the truth, that only Chinese are truthful.

She still thinks and accuses me of hiding my money from her.

She has been here for over two years and not spent a cent of her earned money on our marriage. It just sits in the bank or once in a great while she will send a little back home - but she usually expects me to send money.

i have had this talk with stella also....been honest from start..send pic of my modest frame house,,,then one of bigger brick ones in most new suburbs..she o,k with things mostly..still believes i should have money left after pay monthly cost .she has allways lived with family..so i will find out the real deal when she arrives, aint faith grand..no luck get her understand 30 mile one way drive to work..