AOS PACKET POST 08-2007

It was from your recomendation we filed the G-28 with each application; AOS, EAD, and AP. While I have not found clear documentation to the bounds of the G-28, there is no fee for including it. We did receive a copy of the "I-797C Notice of Receipt" for each application filed and the "I-797C Biometrics ASC Appointment Notice" in c/o myself, so the USCIS must acknowledge the G-28 on some level.

My thought at the time of filing was if the G-28 could be needed for me to inquire about my wifes case by any chance, why not file. To me it is simply a matter of "Strict or Loose Interpretation" by an USCIS Official, which in either case, with it filed possibly no issues could arise in this arena. Thus far in our case the G-28 has not been needed.

Update:

Once the Approved I-512L for Advance Parole was received, I decided to check our case on the USCIS website for the first time.

AOS showed "Recieved/Pending" as suspected being less than 6 months as stated on the processing times page.

EAD status showed "Card production ordered," as of 19 November 2007. The EAD Card was received 24 November 2007 from the USCIS Missouri Cervice Center, 66 Days from I-797C Notice of Receipt.

I have a couple of questions about the G-28.

Did you fill in those top three boxes titles "In re","Date" and "File No.",or are they meant for office use only?

If you did fill them in, what did you put for "In re" and "File No."

Thanks

I had those same questions Dave. G-28 Questions

I left the "File No." blank.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well, on December 15, 2007 our I-485 Case was transfered to CSC.

Today the USCIS website said this;

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

;)

Well, on December 15, 2007 our I-485 Case was transfered to CSC.

Today the USCIS website said this;

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

:D

Well, congrats, guys!

Well, congrats, guys!

Thanks Randy.

I'm not counting chickens yet until the card arrives, but it looks like we have an egg. We will see when the letter gets here to see what "ADIT processing" means, or doesn't mean. :unsure:

"Welcome to the USA" has always meant "green card". I'll bet "ADIT processing" will be something uneventful.

New Message from USCIS site.

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 29, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I thought that was basically what the other message said.

Today we received two letters welcoming The Permanent Resident, one to my wife, and another addressed to myself stating the same thing due to filing the G-28.

Without warning,

The Green Card arrived today as well, all numbers and information are correct.

Randy, you were correct. ADIT processing was uneventful.

To all those still waiting in any of these processes, I would like to say I sincerely look forward to hearing of your Victory. With all of you in mind when I post our news, I feel saddened to the events that have resulted in delay to cases due to misjudgement and incompetence on the part of our own government, but I feel optimistic that love will prevail. I do pray for you all. For those who are in waiting due to "in order as received," hang in there it is all worth the wait.

Eric

• 1 month later...

I have submitted a question regarding the use of the G-28 to the USCIS Ombudsman. I'll let everyone know if I ever get an answer.

I called the USCIS and asked if a spouse is required to fill out a G-28 if he prepared the Green Card packet on his wife¡¯s behalf. The USCIS representative stated "the G-28 is only needed if a lawyer or company is hired to represent the applicant during the filing process, there is no need for a spouse to fill out and submit a G-28"

I have submitted a question regarding the use of the G-28 to the USCIS Ombudsman. I'll let everyone know if I ever get an answer.

I called the USCIS and asked if a spouse is required to fill out a G-28 if he prepared the Green Card packet on his wife抯 behalf. The USCIS representative stated "the G-28 is only needed if a lawyer or company is hired to represent the applicant during the filing process, there is no need for a spouse to fill out and submit a G-28"

They're right. It's not required. But later on, if you want to inquire about her case, you may have problems. The G-28 makes you her legal rep. and thus entitled to all the info she is. :rolleyes:

Unless the policy has completely changed. I haven't seen that in writing anywhere.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)