White slip whereabouts

The DOS says the memo was drafted on May 30, 2007. This means that the denial was ready at that time to be sent back to the USCIS. I told the DOS rep that GZ themselves told me 2 months ago that they were still preparing to send the case back to the USCIS. The USCIS said also a couple of months ago that they have not received anything.

She says then it is probably still sitting in a pile and I need to email them and ask them why they still have it.

Now, anyone care to speculate what the real truth is and why it has not been sent back? My lawyer also says that it is probably sitting in a pile somewhere also.

Can you folks see how this system plays with our lives and they do not give one rat's behind who they hurt?????????? :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DOS says the memo was drafted on May 30, 2007. This means that the denial was ready at that time to be sent back to the USCIS. I told the DOS rep that GZ themselves told me 2 months ago that they were still preparing to send the case back to the USCIS. The USCIS said also a couple of months ago that they have not received anything.

She says then it is probably still sitting in a pile and I need to email them and ask them why they still have it.

Now, anyone care to speculate what the real truth is and why it has not been sent back? My lawyer also says that it is probably sitting in a pile somewhere also.

Can you folks see how this system plays with our lives and they do not give one rat's behind who they hurt?????????? :)

Sorry about all the troubles, Chilton. I know you have been fighting with this thing for some time now. I wish I had some encouraging words to offer you. All I can say is to hang in there and hopefully things will get moving in the right direction for you soon.

Can your attorney get things moving? It seems like they can. That's what they're paid for.

-good luck

Can you folks see how this system plays with our lives and they do not give one rat's behind who they hurt?????????? :angry:

Sorry about all the troubles, Chilton. I know you have been fighting with this thing for some time now. I wish I had some encouraging words to offer you. All I can say is to hang in there and hopefully things will get moving in the right direction for you soon.

Can your attorney get things moving? It seems like they can. That's what they're paid for.

-good luck

Thanks so much for your concern Ty. This is really more of a personal battle between GZ and I. As you can see I have since been married and the K1 is basically void. But I do however insist that they do there job and tell me why they issued the NOID. I think having this knowledge will help me with our new interview. My attorney doesn't seem to be too concerned as he does know GZ very well and he feels the CR1 will do well. Again, I just can't seem to let go of why they will not do their job and answer like they are supposed to.

GUZ is essentially not answerable to anyone, except on paper. If you are treated wrongly, there is no recourse - no court to turn to.

Keep us posted, and keep them aware that you're watching. And keep VERY good records of your communications with both GUZ and DOS about this.

That's a big 10/4 Randy on all points. Marc Ellis had written to CFL a while back stating that any NOID letters to be issued by the CSC will not happen and instead they will let the petition expire. I see this is happening to this day over on VJ. I have no reason to believe that my case would turn out any different. However, for GZ to blatently disregard my petition is inexcuseable to me and I know I can't do anything about it. But I can certainly try. Next stop, ACH.

maybe I am missing something...

why bother to care what GUZ is doing.. just submit to USCIS a notice of cancellation since you've already filed a I-30...

Cancellation of the K-1 after being informed of the NOID could result in an automatic denial by USCIS when the NOID is finally returned to the US, as the withdrawl occurred after the NOID was issued to the beneficiary. The explanation of the withdrawl is meaningless. :(

Another joyous catch-22 paid for with your tax dollars. :blink:

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

why bother to care what GUZ is doing.. just submit to USCIS a notice of cancellation since you've already filed a I-30...

David you are my friend so you know I mean no harm.

Sometimes one just has to know the answer to 'Why?'

Yes indeed I must know why. As stated in my earlier thread, I have a gut feeling why we were denied and I fully understand the VO's concerns. But the fact remains that if a person just simply withdraws the K1 after the VO's decision to deny the visa, then it can lead to an automatic revocation. I have seen this happen on VJ. The CR1 will indeed terminate the K1 so I will let this take its course. My true intent is what it has always been, to live my life with my wife. Yes I have made mistakes in my life just like any other person. But does that mean that I am condemned forever? Hardly!!

IMHO, submitting a notice to the USCIS of cancellation in itself would be foolish. I married my wife because I love her unconditionally. The evidence I brought forth in my application for the CR1 clearly shows the reason for my actions. If they decide to accept it then all is well. If they do not then all still will be well. GZ can deny anything that they wish with no consequences for their actions. I. on the other hand, can not do this. I have been forgiven all of my sins for the past so I must forgive all sins against me. All is well that ends well :blink:

Cancellation of the K-1 after being informed of the NOID could result in an automatic denial by USCIS when the NOID is finally returned to the US, as the withdrawl occurred after the NOID was issued to the beneficiary. The explanation of the withdrawl is meaningless. :(

Another joyous catch-22 paid for with your tax dollars. :blink:

BINGO LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles,

From one bona fide relationship to another (going through the wringer) I . . . hell I don't really know what I feel. Maybe that is truly what you are feeling too. This process is psychic rape.

Stay strong.

Your friend,

Steve

Steve, you are the epitome of one who has strength. You are a shining example of one that will endure all hardships. Perhaps GZ could use some training on what bona fide really means :blink:

Ok... so I will have to just accept missing the point here.

The I-130 is filed.. the K1 is now invalid... and the logic being stated is NOT to tell USCIS about their continued processing of an invalid case.

I say, tell USCIS that a petition which was once filed is not invalid due to a I-130 filing... DOS has nothing to do with this.

Or as is being said, let the I-130 filing eventually cancel it... Does it matter if the I-130 cancels it or the petitioner cancels it? I would wonder about a petitioner who files again without cancelling the first one...

As to the "why"... my wife often says, "no why.. just do".. and I've come to accept that.

Guest Rob & Jin

Ok... so I will have to just accept missing the point here.

The I-130 is filed.. the K1 is now invalid... and the logic being stated is NOT to tell USCIS about their continued processing of an invalid case.

I say, tell USCIS that a petition which was once filed is not invalid due to a I-130 filing... DOS has nothing to do with this.

Or as is being said, let the I-130 filing eventually cancel it... Does it matter if the I-130 cancels it or the petitioner cancels it? I would wonder about a petitioner who files again without cancelling the first one...

As to the "why"... my wife often says, "no why.. just do".. and I've come to accept that.

"No why" umm i've heard that quite a few times from Jin, very funny. Charles there is nothing to be gained by beating your head against this wall apart from a very bad head ache. My advice is dont make enamies at DOS, USCIS or Guz, you have your current petition in process, be cautious, be smart and be lucky. Oh and read "the art of war"

You will get there, we all will, say hello to your beutiful wife, Jin would like to talk to her if thats ok

Oh the........ "why"... the why, the why, the why, the why, the why, the why?

How that damned word goes thru my mind. How many times has my girlfriend asked me that word? How many times have I seen and tasted her tears as she asked me that word?

And our time to ask ourselves that damned word is only miniscule compared to Jaw-ga boy and Steve and their loves. Tomorrow is only 7 weeks of that word being part of our lives. Oh, we're strong now, the shock, the devastation, the anger, the loss, the utter helplessness is part of the past...for the time being. Man, I dread that word if the 3 month mark comes and goes.

Steve and Chawles, you are two remarkable men, and you have two remarkable women.

Good luck friends, I hope the worm soon turns.

tsap seui