A sad development

Well, as the title of the topic says, I have a sad development. Things have gone a little bad concerning my relationship with my former SO in China. We both decided that I needed to finish college before embarking on brining her over to the US. So we have decided to break our relationship for the next couple of years. Sad day.

I have just recieved my 2nd NOA in the mail a week ago, but I need to cancel the process. Does anyone have any process steps for this? Is it really hard to do it?

thanks for the help everyone has been here, and I couldn't have come this far without you all, and hopefully, I can do it again.

Joseph J

It is sad indeed to hear this. But since both of you made the decision then it must be a good one. All you have to do it write to the USCIS cancelling the petition. Others here will no doubt have better advice. I hope everything works out well for you and if it is fate then perhaps you and her will try again after college. Good luck to you.

I cancelled my prior K3 application at the 11th hour (after P4), so sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling well...

You'll need to send GUZ or USCIS a notarized letter informing them of the cancellation.

I would suggest that you word it to let them know this is not a result of falling out of love, but just a promise to continue later and this is just a simple delay.

Word it such that when/if either you and her decide to try again with either each other or someone new this would not be a black mark against either one of you.

All I can offer is; You cannot loose something you never really had.

Good luck.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

I cancelled my prior K3 application at the 11th hour (after P4), so sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling well...

You'll need to send GUZ or USCIS a notarized letter informing them of the cancellation.

I would suggest that you word it to let them know this is not a result of falling out of love, but just a promise to continue later and this is just a simple delay.

Word it such that when/if either you and her decide to try again with either each other or someone new this would not be a black mark against either one of you.

All I can offer is; You can loose something you never really had.

Good luck.

You will need a GUZ number to notify the Consulate - the GUZ number would be on the notice from NVZ that your petition has been forwarded to the Guangzhou consulate.

It may be forwarded to Guangzhou if you don't get it canceled in time.

If you are at NOA2 then it is probably on its way to or at the NVC, you may call there to stop the petition. You may have to send them something in writing.

NVC Contact info: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

Guest Rob & Jin

Well, as the title of the topic says, I have a sad development. Things have gone a little bad concerning my relationship with my former SO in China. We both decided that I needed to finish college before embarking on brining her over to the US. So we have decided to break our relationship for the next couple of years. Sad day.

I have just recieved my 2nd NOA in the mail a week ago, but I need to cancel the process. Does anyone have any process steps for this? Is it really hard to do it?

thanks for the help everyone has been here, and I couldn't have come this far without you all, and hopefully, I can do it again.

Joseph J

Sorry to here that, however at the way the times lines are running you could probably finish college before shes here. Maybe not the only reason ?, but thats your business. Good luck in your future

This is a serious decision that could cause you a lot of trouble should you change your mind. I would let the procees continue for now until you are absolutely sure this is what you want to do. At this point you are probably about 6 months from having interview. No need to rush to a decision.

This is a serious decision that could cause you a lot of trouble should you change your mind. I would let the procees continue for now until you are absolutely sure this is what you want to do. At this point you are probably about 6 months from having interview. No need to rush to a decision.

Get the visa first.

i second that!

good luck! :giggle:

The OP stated that "We both decided that I needed to finish college before embarking on brining her over to the US. So we have decided to break our relationship for the next couple of years." If they both decided to end the relationship for whatever reasons, why suggest they continue on? Why deal with the time, effort and expense to do something that they are not wanting to do at this point in time? Both will need to gather records, fill out forms, maybe another trip or two, fees, etc and if they have decided to part ways, they should not be forced to follow through with something they are no longer interested in. If they follow through with a visa, then what? The OP is still in school and maybe not financially able to support the relationship. Maybe they just aren't ready, so no need to force the relationship.

I agree with Carl that they both really need to think it over, but if they have, then so be it. If they withdraw the visa, I seriously doubt that it will come back to haunt them. We have members here that have multiple marriages to non-USC's and for the most part, that history didn't seem to haunt them.

Good luck to both of ya'll and all the best on your academic endeavors.

As aye,

Jim

At this stage there is no additional expense. I have seen similar cases here before from lovers spats. There is no harm what so ever in giving it some more time to really be sure this is what they want to do. On the other hand if they stop the process now they will have to start all over plus have a big red flag for an IO to look at.

Guest Rob & Jin

At this stage there is no additional expense. I have seen similar cases here before from lovers spats. There is no harm what so ever in giving it some more time to really be sure this is what they want to do. On the other hand if they stop the process now they will have to start all over plus have a big red flag for an IO to look at.

I agree , there's no harm in letting it ride for now, see what happens with time.